1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA series sponsor

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Aug 28, 2008.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Winner of each race gets a keg? Could make things interesting.

2. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

How about the Zyvax male enhancement formula Senior Superbike Series?!?
    Sounds like a money maker to me:D

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Actually I think one endurance race team is already sponsored by Zyvax

4. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

would one have to pay an additional entry fee for this qualifying session? would there still be a cash payout?

As long as there wouldn't be an additional fee it would be OK. What if said racer can only make it for sunday's? can he not race because he didn't qualify?

i have always liked the idea of using the previous race results (lap times) as the way to grid the field.

jut me .02 on the subject.

5. Fuzzy317

Ok, if we run a race on Saturday, to pick grid spots for a Sunday race (sounds like qualifying), what race or races do you want to cut from either Saturday and/or Sunday to fit in the extra race/qualifier ? :rolleyes:

6. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

this takes away your option of racing a solo. i know some weekend if i am strapped for cash or just to hot i dont race solos to save money and energy for sunday. this qualifying would make people run solos and not have the money for all the class they wanted to run on sunday. also if someone didn't run the qualifying then they would be grided behind somebody that did that is 20 seconds a lap slower and cause abunch of crap.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Tony - no additional fee. The race works the same way the Solos do today. Just that the results from the three races determine the grid for the 3 classes on Sunday, rather than the current point standings in that class.

If said racer can only make Sunday, then for that one class they're in - they're gridded after those who finished the race on Saturday. So say order of gridding is:

1. Results from Sat.
    2. Then by points in the class.

I always liked the idea too. It gives a chance to someone who isn't chasing points to get a better grid spot (yet it's not qualifying). And it hopefully get's more guys out to race on Saturday (and maybe practice on Friday).

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

No races get cut. No schedule changes. Instead of the WERA ladies grabbing the grids for those 3 Sunday classes from the points sheet, they would be grabbing them from the Saturday results sheet instead.

Same solo payouts could occur and same points being awarded as all the other classes as well. Everybody would get at least one class to participate in (LW, MW, HW) if they choose.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Say I do 4 races on Sunday. If I missed the Solo on Saturday, I would have 3 races that are gridded by points, and 1 that is gridded off the results from Saturday. I would potentially be in the front for those 3 and in the back for the 4th.

The argument of 20 seconds a lap slower happens in various scenarios today as it is. That's nothing new.

If you're running the race events, you want riders to "have" to do the Solo. You want more people out there. Will this fully do that? I don't know, but it won't hurt. And it's something that's a bit fun and a bit of a change from the norm.

10. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

if you supply all of my tires and everyone else that can't afford tires for all day saturday and all day sunday, and the extra race fees then i think it's a good idea.

11. prb110

prb110 Well-Known Member

Eddie is on the right track. Another way to grid on Sunday is to clock the the morning practices and use the best time as their qualifying spot. Some of the fastest riders only make it to a few races a year, so they grid last. By some type of qualifying, it would make the race much safer and fair.

12. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

Dude.......... Get a glove get in the game!!!:Poke:

13. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

14. Fuzzy317

... so a rider that does every race in a region that is a little off the fastest pace would be gridded behind someone that races at only at one track and has a quicker lap time? that would be nice for the "one hit wonders" :down: Gridding by points is a little reward for those that participate more.

15. Fuzzy317

What game are you talking about? this thread, racing, Zyvax? ;)

16. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

so you think it's safer to make practice a qualifying sessions:rolleyes:
    Very good point:up:

17. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

now i could go for this idea. but the other limits your chances in a championship by not running the solo. plus i dont think you should have to pay for a qualifying session.

18. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

While it would kind of leave out the LW guys (me included) i think it would work well for the very large and "standard" classes, the A, B, C SS/SBK guys. if there is a direct class from a solo20 to a sprint, then do it that way, otherwise, its just a solo20, not a qualifier.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

But, what if you were a pie manufacturer trying to become an "outside industry" sponsor (although I'm not sure pie would be considered "outside industry" in this case)?

Seems like a good fit for a "minimum weight" class... Say 700 pounds rider and bike... :p

Think of the pie-fights on the podium... Worth the price of admission on it's own! :D