1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese Laguna Suit...?

Discussion in 'General' started by FastrnU, Aug 27, 2008.

1. FastrnU

FastrnU Well-Known Member

okay i have the moto gp kangaroo leathers size 50 right now, but one, it is all up in my junk, and two it seems like its made for a dude pushing 250lbs. anyway i am selling the "Roo" suit and the Dainese Laguna Suit is my choice for my new set of leathers. btw im 6'2" 195lbs
    1. what do you think about the suit fitment wise?(ive never had a dainese suit, is it gonna grab on my junk too? will it fit around my legs and torso better, like a snug fit? what size do ya think?)
    2.im thinkin about getting the white one, anybody have any experience with a mostly white suit? (how hard are they to keep somewhat clean?)
    3. does anybody have any actual pics of this suit in any of the colors?(i have also considered the red, annnd mmaaaayyybee yellow?)
    4. considering this suit does anybody have any other recomendations for a different suit? i want to stick w/ alpinestars or dainese.

thanks fellas,
    brandon

ps. if youre interested in buying my silver/black moto gp suit size 50 just pm me.

2. Quik208

Quik208 Well-Known Member

Is the suit pulling when you stand up or when you are on the motorcycle?

3. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Size 50? I'm 6'1 190lbs and have the MotoGP kangaroo suit in a size 46. Fits me fine. Best bet is to try one on. Either a dealer who stocks one or a friend who has one.

4. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I own both and went from the Motogp to the Dainese Laguna Suit. Your going to be greatly disappointed....but you will be better protected.

I'm 6 foot 2 inches and 225lbs and the Dainese gives me the "Man Meat curtains" when I stand up (The suit is a 60). Its also heavier than all hell compared to the Motogp.

On the flip side....the Motogp was the worst suit for me in terms of protection. Every time that I went down with the Motogp I would get some form of Road Rash on my knee's, shoulders and elbow's. Didnt matter if it was a 5mph get off...I would get Road Rash. But it was a great looking suit.

The Motogp's dont crash well either. It seemed like when I hit the ground I was wrapped in wet toilet paper and not leather. Hell they even came apart before they were crashed in:crackup:

As for you buying a white suit....dont do it. Not only will you look gay, the suit will look like crap in about 4 months due to the dirt, grease, road grim that gets into the stitching and other folds. The suit will look dirty even when its clean.

The pro's of the Laguna suit is the cost and the quality. The suits are made of a thick leather that is almost like a leather that you would use on a fine woman's purse (such as a Channell or Gucci). The perforation that goes from the neck down the legs...keeps ya plenty cool as well

Here's a few pictures of the two suits for reference

Attached Files:

5. FastrnU

thanks alot guys, stone thanks for the pics man. anybody else got any info or ....recomendations? anybody got any pics of the yellow or red laguna suit?
    -brandon

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A quick search tells me the Laguna suit is about $1100. Why not get a custom BB suit for the same $$$ ? IMO, if you're gonna pay more than $500 for a suit, save up and get a custom made one.

7. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

makes a lot of sense at the price point of the Laguna...

then you can get a custom junk hanger built in...:up:

8. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

I have a Barnacle Bill Suit and I could not be happier. I have had three crashes in it and not a seem has come loose from a crash. The suit is not #1 in the style department, but when you are sliding on the ground who cares. Flat out the most protection you can get is from a Barnacle Bill suit. Measure twice and talk to Bill and you will end up with a great suit.

9. SWIGZ Racing

SWIGZ Racing WERA/AFM Expert..AMA 2009

The Dainese Laguna Seca is a great suit - I have two - one has an integrated hydration pack in the aero hump. Go to my website to read the article I wrote on how well it worked for me at the WERA Nationals. www.chipyates.com

Here are a few photos of how the white Laguna Seca suit looks - I may look "gay" depending on your sexual orientation, but that's for you to determine!

The white can get dirty easily (obviously), but it comes with a cleaner and conditioner, and I have my crew cheif hang it up after each use, rather than lay it on the ground, etc, where it gets dirty.

As for size, I am a 52 European, and I'm 5'11 and 173 lbs.

To buy one, call the Dainese D-Store in Costa Mesa, CA and ask for Kim, Corey or Art.

Chip

Attached Files:

10. hubert

hubert Active Member

I went from an A*Stars TZ1 to the Dainese Laguna Seca suit.

In comparison the AStars suit was heavy and cumbersome; the first time I wore the Dainese suit I felt like I was wearing regular clothes. Movement didn't feel as constricted .

I also prefer the fit of the Dainese suit; I'm 6'2 and 190 and wear a size 52. But I have a long torso and the Dainese while having a more tailored fit, feels more comfortable.

The leather seems more supple than the AStar's was and all around it feels "nicer"; fit and finish.

I also got the a new pair of boots (since I burned a hole in the side and wore out he soles of my Sidi) and got the boots that you wear the suit over. They're actually really quite comfortable and the added ankle protection is nice while not being overbearing.

Lastly, the largely understated styling of the Dainese stuff (Valentino's suits aside) is another bonus.

Pictures for reference:

Warning! Slow guy ahead ! ! !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yes, I have an enormous head.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  11. FastrnU

guys thanks alot for all the info, i work at cycle gear in columbia, sc (store 78) so i get a bit of a discount. so thats why im not going the route of getting a custom suit although if i ever do decide to spend that kind of money mr. bill will definately get my business. pics and info bring it on...anybody have any expirience with the teknic speedstar suit? i have heard really good things about teknic, great bang for the buck type thing, but i haven't been able to find the speedstar suit for sale anywhere. anymore expirience/info/pics would be very helpful.
    thanks again fellas.
    -brandon

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008