1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's with all the Chinese fakery?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by james walker, Aug 12, 2008.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

fake kids

fake fireworks

are the Olympics even going on right now, or is it on some big back lot movie set in China? :D

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I refuse to watch the Chinese propaganda masquerading as sport.

3. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

I watched the men gymnastic last night.
    It was purry goo!
    But whassup with those guys breaking down in tears and hugging each other like no tomorrow?

4. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

They are realizing they are in China.

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

werd, i'm with ya Joe. my wife's tried to get me to watch with her several times, but i just really haven't cared to watch the crap this year.

6. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Even the semi-filthy air the athletes are choking on is fake. :D

7. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I don't get the complaint of the "fake" fireworks it was pretty clearly stated during the broadcast on TV that the footsteps where animated.
    The fake girl is a different issue. At least she didn't have a "wardrobe malfunction" :)

8. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

Why? In the US, we may have used the "real" person, but they would probably have a fake nose, fake tits, etc.

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Because fake tits make chics look better. :up:

10. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

That is true..

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, hasn't there been lip-synched performances at the Super Bowl on occasion?

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've personally seen Americans pay big money to watch their favorite rock/rap/pop star lip sync an entire concert. I don't see the big deal with China.

Except for the slavery thing.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You guys realize that Jennifer Beals didn't do the dancing in Flashdance right? :D

14. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Surely. Not that I agree with it, but it is the only way to guarantee a flawless performance. You take nerves and technical glitches out of the equation. But in those cases, it's typically the actual artist. More often than not, nobody can tell...unless you are Ashley Simpson.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The chinese version of The Monkeys...

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Damn, I know you are old but I find myself laughing at your comment, and that is sad for it shows my age as well.:D

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I fought the laughter. Makes me feel younger. :D

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The white house wasn't really blown up in Independence Day. The chase scene in The French Connection L-train chase scene wasn't staged (for a lot of the shots). The three presentations were pretty entertaining...

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's the problem with the world today. Some ass always comes in and kills the joy.:D

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You bastards better not say shit about Santa Claus or that bunny. :mad: