1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Motorcycle Industry?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dealer in KC was basically out of most bikes (hardly any sportbikes left regardless of displacement). I actually inquired about where the bikes were and they told me that the only thing they had left was one GSXR 750 in the create.

2. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I love guys like you:D Geez...for the last 5 years I have been the answer to everyone's prayers and putting them in their dream homes....no suddenly I'm the fault for the housing Market crashing:rolleyes:

I could go into detail....but ya wouldnt understand, nor do I have to the time to educate you. :D

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

You're not getting off that easy, go right ahead and get into detail, I'm all ears. :D

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You the FknDebil........DavieStone.

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Fixed

6. DavieStone

I understand Chip...it's hard to get the big picture when you have such a small screen.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

$200 per month for a new car and not keep racking up miles on my tow vehicle makes sense to me, guess i'm odd.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i'd much rather drive my truck than commute on a motorcycle.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

rather than sitting here blabbling, get back in there and crack the whip on Kevin, so i get my cylinder head back by New Years....:Poke:

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Supposed to be going out tomorrow.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You see the most interesting things on the road around NoVa anymore. The best was the Riva scooter on 66.

Booming days for commuter bikes. Good luck finding a SV650, Ninja 250 or the like around here anymore. Same for scooters.

12. DavieStone

Banks made loan programs, consumer wanted them and Banks sold them. They sold them in-house thru their retail division and thru Mortgage Brokers.

Blaming the salesman for a product would be like suing the car salesman that sold the Ford SUV a few years back that kept rolling and killing people because of a blown tire.

The fact of the matter...the banks design the loan programs that have caused a lot of this grief. Me personally...I've been the guy driving around town with magnetic signs on my doors that said "If you are in a adjustable rate mortgage (ARM), you are driving off a cliff"(I started this over 4 years ago).

These programs in hindsight...if not there to sell would have never been on the street and the housing market would have never boomed like it did. We are in a severe correcting pattern that spells more grief.

The Fed's are in the process of bailing out the banks by giving them a over night lending rate of 2% (Which is the lowest since 2004) and a 300 Billion dollar bail out as well. Instead of consumers getting better rates...they are going higher (banks trying to increase profitability).

Because of the the fall out of foreclosures....the prices will be dropped and dropped again until the market has correct itself. In the end....it will be guys like myself, still in the business that will be selling THE PRODUCTS THE BANKS HAVE TO OFFER FOR US TO SELL TO THE CONSUMER (rinse and repeat).

13. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

nope...
    just the opposite.
    I work for one of the major aftermarket distributors, and sales are way way down from last year.
    more people are buying scooters, but are definitely not investing that money in aftermarket parts for sportbikes.

the economy suxxors everywhere.

14. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Think the mortgage crisis is the real deal? Believe it or not, as big as it is, it's peanuts as compared to the effectively unknown liability out there known as Credit Default Swaps (and other poorly understood and almost uncalculatable liabilities such as Collateralized Debt Obligations, collectively known as derivatives). 'Ole Greenspan is in a bit of hot water right now because these largely unregulated creatures TOOK OFF under his watch...really over the last 6-7 years by the numbers.

Google "Credit Default Swaps"...and look for the Sunday NYT article of about 5 weeks ago.

30 billion bailout? Now 300 Billion bailout?

Try a potential 42 TRILLION liability. :eek: That's a guesstimate, as the calulations are so immense even Christopher Cox (Chairman of the SEC) fears the totality of the liability is effectively unknowable.

'Doesn't mean that unscrupulous banks didn't offer unscrupulous Mortgage brokers dangerous products to sell...and that PEOPLE WERE IRRESPONSIBLE IN SIGNING UP FOR LOANS THEY EITHER KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY COULDN'T AFFORD OR OTHERWISE SHOULDN'T TAKE.

The widespread practice of using one's home as an ATM also greatly added to the mortgage / real estate / credit crisis.

:Pop:

15. :Off:

This was a good thread about people buying motorcycles until you chumps came along. :rolleyes: Off to the dungeon with you!

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

next day saturday delivery is gonna cost me a pretty penny.........:eek:

17. DavieStone

I would have gone into the above as well....but I didnt think Chip would understand:D

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Much like the ATV industry.

19. DavieStone

I hear that...but we must wait for Chip to agree with all of his wisdom about finance, the housing slump and the remedy for a Napoleon complex. :D

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You should be kicked out of the WERA BBS. :D