1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

summit 6/7

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by racertex, Jun 2, 2008.

1. 873mike

873mike Well-Known Member

:beer:
    I'll be there but can't stay overnight unfortuneatly

2. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Hey Mark, that bottle of red you gave me last year was great. You wouldnt happen to remember what it was, would you? I tried to save the bottle to find some more, but it probably got tossed in the recycle can. Anyway, ah hum, well as long as your going to be coming all this way, perhaps you could bring another bottle. Maybe this time we get to share a glass or three together.

Thanks, Richard Lucas

PS, Gene will bring the dial guage, just in case.

3. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Double up on the Gatorade, they're talking heat index of 101 on Saturday...

4. mollydog

mollydog Well-Known Member

Mike, glad to here your going to be at Summit. :up: Been lonely out there without you. We are in desperate need of more V-1 bikes on the grid.
    Rich

Black Sheep Racing
    Honda V-1 #646

5. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

No earthly clue, but you can rest assured that I'll bring some good vino!! :beer: Amy's going to come up and has even reluctantly agreed to "camp" at the track. We'll be up there around 8 or 9 friday and definitely will be looking to knock back a btl or two if anyones up. Dial gauge would be nice, cuz I've made some changes and would like to change the timing again.

6. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

was gonna but not now

Was working on one of my TWO dead bikes and a stud started to come out of the crankcase last night on my 500 and I threw up my hands(and grabbed a glass of wine). Haven;t been without any racebikes in over 20 years!!!! May be ready for the Beaver in two(3?) weeks....

You guys that are making it, drink lots of fluids and keep your temp low. Best of luck!

7. joec

joec brace yourself

mike, be nice to see ya again.

jc

8. RZ Racer

Sorry your not going to make it. I was looking forward to another great race!

Maybe Sept?

9. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

Definitely September, we can go at it then...if another stud doesn't pull out of my crankcase, I'll be at the beaver in a few weeks.

10. rus23

rus23 Misfit

WTF?

Too hot for tex I suppose.

I must have drank a gallon of water today.

11. RZ Racer

Hot Hot Hot!!!!!

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Stop with hot...
    wot happened?

Results, we want results.

13. RZ Racer

The earth was already warm...then the sun came up......then it got warmer.....results:

Everyone was hot!

Didn't do any spectating and left as soon as my 3rd race was done, so I don't know who won what in the last race, or in the classes gridded behind me, but Tommy D won F-2stroke and V5, Roper won 350gp, Rich Oldakowski won v4 and I won f-500 and V3. (2nd in F-2stroke):up:

Grids were small...it looked like a SE race! Track was starting to break up in t 5 and 6, with little asphalt bits off line. New Dunlops worked flawlessly. Motor worked very well. Finished all 3 races with 2 clip-ons attached to bike!:clap:

All systems go for Road A! :cool:

14. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Quality parts make you go faster. ;)

Hot? Roebling - my thermometer said 98 with a heat index of 110. :eek:

Kawi liked the Dunlop KR124A on the front - won F500, V3, and F2Stroke. Paul Garland made it out but lost the end of a carb cable for a DNF in V3 and was second in F500.

Transporter pressed me all the way to the flag in F2Stroke. :D

I was too damned hot by the end of the day to remember who else finished where. I'm pretty sure John Rickard won V4 and Steve-O placed in V3 - the rest of the day is a hazy, heat wave.

Turn out was light in vintage and modern.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Hot? There was a balmy breeze blowing, as I pointed out to Jim several times.
    The Yellow Peril suffered a peculiar motor problem, choosing to only operate
    above 9,000 RPM...more carb tuning needed...OTHERWISE, Jim would have
    had to push hard for the gold in F2Stroke...the heat was oppressive, really
    mind-numbing but other than only a handful showing up, it was good...
    we have another Roebling show-down coming up, so plan on coming out,
    after all, we only live twice.:up:

16. ringdingding

While the chrome pipied purple poeple eater could only muster a 4th in f-500, I had a near race long battle for the lead with v-2 points leader Mark Harrison. I wound up second, but had a fun time drafting and racing close for a win. The bikes seemed closly matched, he had the grunt off the turns, I had the legs down the straights. He was better in the turns and in the end wanted it more. Big congrats on a fine ride and well deserved victory to Mark.

Richard Lucas

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  17. RZ Racer

Sorry we left so soon and mised the battle! Sounds like you guys had fun out there. It was good getting to know Karen better. (only 2nd time we ever met...) Thanks again for all of the help!!:up: Next time, lets race somewhere warmer!!:D

18. ringdingding

Sure, like RRR in July perhaps. Its a maybe at this time for me, we'll see.

Always great hanging out with you too, thanks again for the vino.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

it must have been close to 100 at summit. no joke.

results for the top 5 in 350 were
    roper
    sexton
    clancy
    tilghman
    johnson

500 went the same with tilghman and clancy swapping positions. but we had one hell of a battle for 3rd. john lawless showed with his 47 or 48 norton manx. how cool. he ran 500 with it. really awesome.

jc

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time Joe....100 degs, and a good time...

Did you wear your speedo? :up: ....sorry man, couldnt resist:D

We had 5 V1 and only 2 350GP....it was kinda lite, and hot.