1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where the heck is Roach?

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, May 6, 2008.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

That dude was cool. :(

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's in Colorado living the good life.

3. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

He deserves it. That fella had me laughing so hard I was crying at Road Atlanta one year. :beer:

4. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

You mean this guy?

[​IMG]

He's doing alright.

(Sorry, life takes strange turns. Someone IM'd me about this post).

5. joec

joec brace yourself

Id have a tough time deciding between living and snowboaring in colorado, or motorcycle racing down south. i might even have to kill myself.

looks kickin!

jc

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd dang! Roach, Colorado is loooking like it's the place you always needed to be. :up:

7. Roach

Couldn't pay me enough to move back East. Ever. ;)

- Roach

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Looking good!!!

9. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Hey, that's Winter Park. Great place! Last time I skied there, I rode my FZR from Ft. Riley, Kansas.

You should have seen the the looks I got riding my bike over the pass in the middle of winter! Going up wasn't so bad, but going down was treacherous.

10. Roach

10 resorts within 2 hours. Takes me about 1.5 hours to get up to WP depending on the condition of the pass :-D

WP has turned into pretty much THE best snowboarding place. 4 terrain parks including a superpipe. It's off the hook. I'm buying a freestyle board and a season pass for next year.

- Roach

11. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm jealous. When snowboards first came out, I asked my dad for one. He said, "Aww, it's just a fad. They'll never become popular enough for the resorts to let them in." I just walked away shaking my head.

Now, after 3 knee surgeries, and an ankle reconstruction, I'm not sure I could ride one. I have been thinking about giving it a try though. I would love to take the family out to CO for a vacation.

12. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

were is "WP" ?

13. Roach

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was in Breck a few years ago. Loved the place. That was the closest I had ever been to picking up and moving away. Very difficult to come back from that area.

15. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Hi Roach. :)

16. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

East coast to CO, I'm hatin' on you Roach.

I've ALWAYS wanted to move there.

They have some decent IT jobs too.
    Prob is the wife kinda wants NC more
    - she's worried about too much snow.

17. Roach

There's a LOT of IT jobs. And they pay a lot more than the median income for the area making it rather ... nice. You can still buy a really nice house for around $250k (especially with all the foreclosures). I paid $260k for a 6 year old, 2400 sq foot single family with a 3 car garage, with a 1200 sq/ft unfinished in the basement.

As for the snow ... it really doesn't snow THAT much down on the plains. We had maybe .... 4 or 5 good snows this year that amounted to anything, and no real big ones. I think the most was about 10 inches in one shot. And they actually know how to clear roads here, my neighborhood is generally plowed by mid-morning. The climate is high desert, and on about the same latitude as D.C. ... so basically same temps, with no humidity. Except ... it doesn't rain, except in May. 300 days of sun a year :-D

But I'm not supposed to tell you that. Too many people finding out and moving here already!

- Roach
    (Hi Joe!)

18. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Wow...sounds like you're doing good Brian. Glad to hear it. :) You deserve it.

19. Roach

A bit battered and bruised, but not too worse for wear, all things considered ;)

- Roach

20. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

first time I was ever truly "moved" by nature...walking out the west side of DIA and seeing the snow-capped Front Range in March one year on my way to A Basin, Keystone and Copper Mtn...never got to Copper :(

I really wonder why I ever came back.