1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 CBR600rr pipe burning my boots

Discussion in 'Tech' started by nogenius, Apr 9, 2008.

1. nogenius

nogenius Member

Hey guys, anybody ever seen a guard that goes on the pipe just behind the right rearset. For some reason this spot rubs against my A star boots and melts the plastic.

Need to get either a guard or just pipe wrap. Anybody have the same issues and put pipe wrap on.

2. nogenius

nogenius Member

its a akrapovic pipe btw. Not that that makes any difference, just cant remember if the stock pipe had a guard here or not. I could hunt one down if there was one that came stock.

3. Denver333

Denver333 Member

I have vortex rearsets and I was able to put the stock guard on over the pipe

4. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

I'm running exhaust wrap for that section of the mid pipe with my Leo Vince pipe. I know Leo Vince sells a carbon heat shield too, but the wrap is cheaper and works fine.

5. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Same issue. I ended up wrapping mine...

[​IMG]

6. nogenius

nogenius Member

thanks guys, just ended up wrapping it last night. Think it turned out just fine. I have woodcraft rears so I dont know if the guard would fit or not. Just from looking it does not seem like it would. I could not find it with all the stock stuff anyway so the wrap will have to do.