1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stig-Possible spoiler

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 28, 2008.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Its leaking out in some of the British press today that on more than one occasion, if not for all time, Lewis Hamilton has been "The Stig". Which makes sense in regards to the Stig always being shown with gloves and helmet on with tinted shield. There aren't too many hotshoe black guys in auto racing. Willy T Ribbs is a bit too old now..........

Plus it was reported that Lewis's time as Lewis on the course was the only one to beat "The Stig".

Another rumour......I was the Stig's fat American Cousin for the Florida episode.

Doc

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

LOL,

Rumour has it the infamous Ghostrider is really...

Daviestone!

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Well for one thing, the Stig is not Lewis. The Stig is a little porkier than a current F1 driver. Second, the only British F1 driver that uses a Alpinestars suit is Jenson. Button is a hell of a lot bigger than the Stig. I'd say it's not anyone that we'd publicly know except maybe Damon Hill.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The Stig segment is always awesome. If not for the driving then for the curious audio in the car. :clap:

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

wasn't hamilton slower than the stig?

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Werd! I love that show. I've spent more than one winter night watching the Stig on youtube reruns of Top Gear's tracktests.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I loved watching the Stig take the bus and train on last week's episode. :D

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That was classic, especially when he picked up the newspaper with the headline King Lewis Wins Another Grand Prix and quickly tossed it aside when he saw that. :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The african Stig was funny as chit also. :D

10. eddie kaul

eddie kaul Well-Known Member

stig was faster followed by hill then lewis. at least i believe it was hill, but lewis definitely is 3rd. wet/oily track at that.

11. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I still think the Stig is more than one driver, depending on who is available. And I'm not convinced it would be LH, because McLaren is unlikely to allow him to do outside stuff. Then there's the fact the he's followed by the paparazzi, so his identity would have been exposed already.

12. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

I've heard from a few British friends that it's widely believed over there that Jenson is the Stig. There have been a couple of thinly veiled hints that it's a current F1 driver, and Button looks to be a pretty good physical match.

13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Jensen=Stig probably spot on.Plus the aforementioned Alpinestars connection and the repoir that Jenson had with Clarkson the time he was on. It would make tossing that paper that much funnier.

Doc

14. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

prog rock...:D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's got to be several people. If it was just one, somebody would have leaked his identity on the Internet a long time ago.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was thinking too. They tried it with just one as the original Stig and it didn't work to well.

17. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It's Tony Stewart.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was him at Moroso for sure :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, so I'm watching TG right now, they're testing the Golf with the Bugatti Twin Turbo V12 in it. But, all that aside - they have actually told us who the Stig truly is.... Some say he sells fitness equipment and has an unsavory fondness for bicycles and short NoVa hippies...but he's called Cuddles!!!

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Nah, Cuddles the Ludite would curse the exotic metals and go on and on about the virtues of steel. :rolleyes:

He does hate hippies though. :(