Australian Formula 1 SPOILER

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

WTH happened? I read 15 of 22 cars didn't finish! Because of no traction control or other causes?

Oh yeah, Lewis Hamilton FTW!

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

was that just on Speed?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

On now.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

damn! Stupid women and their Lifetime crap! I'm going in! :p

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It looked like a 600 novice race. Lack of traction control and other electronics wasn't a huge impact in the attrition, wrecks (due to stoopidity), mechanicals, a plain ole dumbness were the factors.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Watching Goodfellows? :D

The Ferarri looks weird. The Red looks "off". They still getting Marlboro billions?

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

At least no one crashed while exiting the pits. Unlike someone. :)

I just finished watching last night's broadcast. Bear in mind that the air temp was 100 degrees F; track temp at the start of the race was 127.

8. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

The red looks like the new 599 red. It doesn't look like the old red. Not sure I like it.

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

They changed the red about mid way through last season.

10. R6Anton

R6Anton Well-Known Member

+1 very exciting race just because of so many things happening on the track. and in the pits

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

They just tried to take the pits with them, well atleast the fuel rig.:D

12. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Exactly. Still a pretty entertaining race. :up:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Awesome to see Sauber do well.

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

MAN that was scary! Thank goodness there were no further consequences with that.

15. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Of course the bone move of the race goes to Kovalainen for hitting the speed limiter button when reaching for a tear off on the last lap. Right after he put the best move of the race on Alonso.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Unreal, thats gonna leave a mark.

17. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Is THAT what he did? :crackup: Poor bastard is never going to hear the end of that one.

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Fut The Wuck is with the gratuitous spoiler? :D

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I dont buy it (on McLaren's end). Why would Heikki need a tear off on the straight, 80 yards from the checkered flag? If he could see to get onto the straight, he could see to and past the finish line.

Thats about as stupid as the time when I raced a USCF crit and reached down for a water bottle two corners from the end and missed the jump for the sprint. The water I was going to drink was not going to help me within the next 30 secs to the finish and the tear off was not going to help Kovalainen for the last three seconds.

20. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It wasn't at the checkered, it was at the begining of the last lap. I got that from a quote straight from Heikki. I guess he made it up to make himself look good. ;)