T12, may it rest in peace!

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Feb 14, 2008.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I'm pretty sure nobody suggested that DuHamel's crash was caused by T12. The point is that the consequences were disproportionately worse for it having happen there...not like that's news, as evidenced by the bulldozers currently driving around all over it.

2. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

I'm just glad that I got to experience T12 first hand.

It will be a fond memory for me.

Like everything else in life that changes, the new configuration will become the norm soon and have its own tales of spills and heroic passes.

3. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

But did he sue? :Poke:

It is nice to see a race track making the nessicary changes to ensure more safety and, well, make things a little different from time to time.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's a total bullshit assumption. There are many areas where he'd have been hurt worse - at least in 12 there were some protective barriers.

12 was an issue because of the people seeing it from the paddock all the time more than any crashes or injuries. There are very few crashes in T12 and very few serious injuries there. Less than many many turns all over the country people consider safer. So how is it that it gets the label?

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Bye bye

[​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy crap that is an old pic :D

7. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Isn't that T1?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's 12 but truly old school when the tree was still there.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nope its 12 taken from the bleachers after the Goodyear bridge.

Your not the first person who thought that.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One's angle is (and was) different as was/is the line. Not a lot but enough.

11. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

For the bikes I'm happy to see it changed But now that I'm gonna race cars, I'm sorry to see it go....very fun corner when the bodily injury factor decreases.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It will be missed.

[​IMG]

13. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

i saw somw video of someone following me into 12 my first time on the track. You can literally see my whole body tense up as Im heading into the turn. Gotta love that turn

14. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

LOL, I knew you couldn't stay out of racing forever!:clap:

15. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

I would rather keep turn 12 at road a the same and remove the damn armco barriers at barber instead.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same reason people don't get eaten by sharks at the aquarium: we're too scared to go into the tank. It doesn't mean it's safe. :D

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

'Cause I peed myself a little the first time I went down that hill. It is very scary. I am glad I got to experience it, but I am also glad it is going away.

18. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

I still get chills thinking back to the first time i drove down to a motorcycle race. I was standing on pit wall and the F1 guys came hauling ass down the hill. I don't think there could be a more thrilling place to see bikes appear.

19. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

So all they're doing there right now is addressing a perception problem?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup: