1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc51 forum

Discussion in 'General' started by catch2otwo, Jan 18, 2008.

1. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Hello dungeon!

2. phukaduc

phukaduc Borden

speedzilla is like most bbs. Ask a question and get a ton of responses. you sift through them to decide for yourself what is usefull information and what is an internet hero stroking his ego.

post a question on .org and get a handfull of posts all of which give helpfull information.

if you own an RC you should be a member of .org

3. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Pay to post is a way to keep the riff-raff out.

But this here BBS would be very quite indeed without said riff-raff... :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I resemble that remark.

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Proud to sit at the riff-raff table.

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I can go both ways.

James: too nasty out (chance of snow?) to do a Hendo ride today. Soon as it warms a bit...

mmfoor

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess I don't quite grasp the concept of paying to post on a BBS. It takes away some of the freedom of thought and creativity of the interwebs for me.

Maybe it's the future, I don't know.

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm not down with "pay to post" but a few $$ to help off set some costs is cool with me.

9. wolf44

wolf44 Well-Known Member

pay for the .org there isn't quite as many posts and its not nearly as active as other boards but if you have a serious question about anything you'll have a handful of useful answers in about 20 minutes. Speedzilla you ask a serious question, you get an answer in about 10 minutes that might be helpful and might not be. Then your post turns into a "you don't know what the f- your talking about" "i nailed your mom last night" "blah blah blah blah" and everyone forgets about the original question.
    Theres my $.02

10. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

Yer mom's pretty good too... :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, we're charging for people to post now. Send $20 to the Action Fund. Thanks.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Re-open the Dungeon and charge for posting privileges there. If stupid doesn't hurt, it should at least cost money! The rest of us can lurk for free!

RCJohn, sounds like a free "trial" subscription to Rogue for perhaps 3 months might be very useful.

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

What's it cost to keep this forum up? Bandwidth, server, IT costs?

If "donations" were optional, I'd pay. If required, I'd pay but want my name and post count back :Poke:

As a side note, racers who have "purchased" pics from me have sent the full payment to the AFF. Anything we can do to support the AFF is OK in my book :up:

14. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see the snow flakes.

We're going to go see the FMX (AKA: bike wrestling, SATURDAY!, SATURDAY!, SATURDAY!) at the civic center instead. Sorry you have to work.

With our weather, next weekend should be in the 70s lol!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I'm not actually going to charge and I'd like to keep the ads down if at all possible.

But I figure if people believe my post and send money - bonus!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Drink Pepsi

17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

what do you rc51 guys do to keep it cool, ive done everything, fans, no fans, moriwaki radiator fins, still runs at 230+ in a race.

18. bestinthewest

bestinthewest Well-Known Member

I think it might be time to get over the RC51 craze.....or do I just don't understand?:down:

19. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Probably you just don't understand. :D

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Not a craze; merely a religious experience!

mmfoor