VIR directions from MD Help

Discussion in 'General' started by svdale, Aug 4, 2002.

1. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

Can some give me directions to VIR from Maryland, I went on there web site and the address of 1245 Pine tree road, alton Va, doesnt come up on map quest, maybe some can give me the right address or directions, and if anybody is going down august 16 let me know, Im going down for race shool,thanks Dale

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

highway 29 to 58 east. right on 62 s. 5 or 6 miles over big {hump} race track road is on left. {a sharp double-back turn} vir n. paddock on left {eventually}

3. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

Thanks, just to make sure, do i hit 29 from 95s? thanks Dale

4. cbrking

cbrking Well-Known Member

Brad is right but from Damascus it might be easier to go 95 south thru richmond,85 south to south hill to exit 12. Take 58 west for 75 miles to route 119.Take 119 3 miles turn right on sunset.track is 4 miles down on right.I`ve gone every different way and this is the fastest and easiest.
    If you do take 29 you can pick it up off 66 west on the other side of Manassas.

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Take RT 66 west from the DC beltway. Then hop onto rt29 south. Then follow Brad's directions. (Though you should use the Danville Expressway to get to rt 58....in other words...stay stright on 29 until you see rt 58 east.)

That's the fastest way there that I've found. You shouldn't get about 65 mph unless you have blockers running for ya. The police like to patrol between Charlottesville and DC.

6. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

That's it. Don't get onto Rt. 29 until you get to Gainesville (you'll see a sign for Charlottesville), it's about 21 miles off of the Beltway. Head south, and when you get to Charlottesville look for the sign for '250 Bypass/29 South' and take that (it's right after the 'CHARLOTTESVILLE' sign in the median). Likewise, when you get to Lynchburg, follow the signs for Danville.

The worst spot for cops is between Madison and Ruckersville.:Puke:

7. flagboy

flagboy Well-Known Member

I take US 360 W from Richmond to South Boston. You get off of 95 S onto the Powhite Parkway, go through the second toll booth (the tolls are cheap, even with a trailer), and exit onto 360 W. It cuts a lot of miles off the trip, and there isn't as much traffic. It dumps you out on 58 right in south Boston, and you get to drive past the infamous "Who's Your Daddy Speedway". ;)

Just don't try to make any cell phone calls once you get away from Richmond. 360 literally runs through the middle of nowhere. :D

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Plus you can stop by Ed's Inc Honda Yamaha in SOuth Boston, Va, and pick up your advance tickets.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott