V7HW GSXR Guru needed

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CHROMEKID01, Nov 13, 2007.

1. CHROMEKID01

CHROMEKID01 Ebay pimp seller

Ok, since i have never raced or setup a race bike let alone a 1988/92 gsxr for racing i was wondering if someone could give me some help/buy list so i can bring this beast out to play early next year...

What i have:
    A strong desire to do this
    A small bank account
    A 1988 framed 1992 GSXR750 that was a good runnin street bike.
    A spare set of wheels
    A couple of sets of new tires ready for me to start practicing on.

What i need?
    New Rotors
    Race plastic
    ?
    ?
    ?

all help will be appreciated for sure:up:

2. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

steering damper, belly pan (part of race plastic,as above)
    PN license & a big green shirt.
    Safety wire & a lot of small drill bits, some rtv sealant for things that can't be drilled.

If it runs, don't screw with the motor. Freshen the suspension if you havn't already.
    If your in for sure go ahead & buy the transponder. You can sometimes find them used over in 'classifieds'.

I forgot:
    A separate cooler for the beer you bring for all your new friends.
    A big sense of humor, and a small ego.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  3. CHROMEKID01

Ok, i ileft out the steering damper, I have one of those already too a Daytona sumtin or other..LOL

PN license?

El swid! your always such a big help to me....Thank you for the pics and advice at tally:)

4. El Skwid!

Is 'K' missing from your keyboard?
    Provisional
    Novice
    it's your WERA paper license for the first 2 weekends. If you do the race school I believe it's included in that cost. See the rulebook under Rider Requirements Here.
    12 & 13 in particular.
    It wasn't that long ago that I was you. Just help out the next rookie.

Just trying to point out the oft overlooked items.

5. CHROMEKID01

Nope the K works just fine its my fingers that don't always work the best:crackup:

I do thank you:up: for all your help and i surely will help out the next as you have and i am sure will help me now and in the future...:beer:

El Skwid! I need a rear rotor do you have one layin around?

6. El Skwid!

rotors?

I think the rb requires a rear brake system that appears to be functional during Tech inspection. :Puke:

I have one for ya, but since it is Hazardous Racing material, I can't ship it.
    You'll have to bring your bike to JGP for our yet to be actually scheduled off-season testing event.
    We'll have to check fitment & operation. Outsider & FullMetal will be there. We seem to be waiting on engine builders to find some
    unobtainium bits so we can repel the Yankee onslaught into our 7HW ranks.
    And some nice FLA 'Winter' weather- not too cold, not hot.
    And those pesky Honda's. That's why FM will be there- as a benchmark.
    Throw that Daytona damper on there; side mount seems to work on the 750's.
    There is also a bellypan (actually a Duc piece) that you can rivet to your stock lowers to make tech. I can send you pics of the reigning National V6HW champ's bike for an interesting mix of street & race bodywork. He was at Tally that day also.
    Or just go blingbling with the Airtech setup.

And that rotor is going to cost you.... :eek:

...a 12'er of Amber Bok should do it. Retail value of $10.49 at my local Publix.
    :beer: :D :clap:

7. gixxerbq52

gixxerbq52 Well-Known Member

My bellpan came from wallmart

8. gixxerbq52

Pro. novice paper comes with wera school $160 for school and 1year license

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

New Castle or Bass Ale..........who cares what it costs.......lifes too short for Domestic Beer.

:beer:

10. CHROMEKID01

Well sounds good to me:D Just let me know when this is as the Gix is in a million pieces right now:confused:

11. CHROMEKID01

where do i find this wera school?:up:

12. gixxerbq52

wera school

At talladega race in Feb. They have race schools at most wera races.

13. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Chrome kid, I got what you need. 88-92 Fox shock looks to good to be used. 350.00 also has ride height. Upside down front end with calipers, triple trees and axle and stock clip ons. $400.00
    1127 motor bored 1216 with new crank, 2 new rods, 2 new valves on Serdi valve job, 88.8 ftlbs of torque at 140 HP for $2,000 I'll throw in the Keihin flat slides. Motor has 3 races on it.

Coming soon
    1988 Slingshot 750 motor bored 851 by APE also port and polished with Flat slides, lightened balanced crank. Just kidding I'm not selling this one.

I also have a solo tail for an 88,89 Slingshot it's in primer. $100.00

Let me know when you want me to ship all this shit.
    Eboz

14. CHROMEKID01

Eboz,
    I have the usd front forks as my bike is a '92 sitting on a '88 frame, the fox shock sounds really good but a bit out of my budget right this minute but soon really soon i am sure i will be getting it from you.

The motor i have is a strong one and prolly gonna keep it till it blows because of my budget.

The tail i need so if its 100.00 shipped then count me in...sorry i do not have a paypal account but why give them the money anyway.
    Do you have any pics of the tail?

15. CHROMEKID01

Sounds really good thank you for the info, I am going to try an get in a bunch of track days and a few track schools as soon as i get the bike sorted.

16. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

dont worry, im still trying to piece my evil Honda back together with stuff laying around the garage as Im flat broke.
    date will probably be sometime between december and febuary..

17. CHROMEKID01

I know that feelin, I am hopin that i can get mine all sorted soon but it looks rough right now:crackup:

I might be able to help you out with some stuff for your CBR.

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Everybody show up at JGP the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'll be hanging out looking for some people to harass.

19. CHROMEKID01

Thats awful close for me time wise:( may have to miss this one guys:(

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Make Paul and Huey get together and help you get it sorted. Besides, we need to meet. I may need some parts for my 300mxc