1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

haven't post images in a while....some recent work.

Discussion in 'General' started by tonybrownphoto, Oct 21, 2007.

1. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

so that is why my fantasy football Qb - Drew Brees has been so distracted this season!

2. grich575

grich575 Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!! Very gifted!!!

3. ZackJones

ZackJones Well-Known Member

I've been shooting high school sports this fall and have had a chance to shoot in the dome. I've also made some contacts with the local papers and am working to try and get some of my work published in one of them. Good luck getting picked up by AP and when you need an assistant keep me in mind - I tote your bazooka Canon lenses around :)

4. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

those are cool shots. I would love to be able to take pic's like that.

5. Roo-

Roo- If Dogs Could Purr...

hey Tony!

Tell the Wife that the Girl pictures may be what can get you REALLY REALLY rich!! :D ...and she'll reap in all your rewards.
    Good luck with AP - that is a tough group, but once you're in, you're in. No more haggling over money - for the most part. :up: ...and you won't even have to photoshop the pics no more! Keep at it - you're a talent, not just luck and timing.

6. thanks Roo.............there is plenty of photoshop going on in the photo media rooms after football games. after the alabama vs. fsu game, i was still at the stadium 2.5 hrs after the game waiting for the AP photogs to finish. i was surprised how much contact between the editors and the photogs while sorting thru images......audio and multimedia is becoming another responsibility for the photographers.

the photogs shoot, sort, and enhance the images for print......and write the subtext for the images chosen.

was a great learning experience....i actually had the chance to assist again for the Florida vs. Georgia game this weekend, but decline to spend time with the family. Its a full days work.....the last game I left for the stadium at 12:00 noon, game started at 1500 (?), didn't get home until 2230.

but boy was it a blast!!!! college games are the best....80K plus fans cheering the constantly.....next time I do a big game I'm taking earplugs!!!

I may be doing an Auburn game soon and TN Titans in a couple weeks, will post images then.

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

went over to the local arena just to see who was playing. big mistake. a whole lot of little kids TRYING to play hockey... more falling down and standing there than anything else :D

[​IMG]

its also tough to shoot through the glass, since most of its a banged/marked up, my little xti was having a tough time staying in focus, and i was kinda dissappointed with the higher iso range. but then again, its a cheap body and i plan on upgrading anyways :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Nice one Jeff...

10. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

damn.. very nice!!

11. ZackJones

ZackJones Well-Known Member

In honor of Halloween here's one of a Zombie Football Player at a recent game:

[​IMG]

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

LMAO! :crackup:

13. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

id be a zombie if i was getting kickin the balls too :)

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

15. Ptog

Ptog I Miss Corner Working

Now that's timing!

16. Ptog

If you get a job with AP. Will agree to do war zones?

17. no, not in this stage of my life. i'm married now and my daughter is 13, back in the day without responsibilities....yes

mainly trying to be able to cover sports......football, track and field, motorsports.........

my goal is to cover the Olympics(winter/summer), the BCS bowls, NFL and still motorcycle racing.

starting to get the itch for commercial work.

18. Ptog

That would be my postion too. It's amazing that there are people who have a family that would anyway.

19. if they were doing that type of work before the wife and kids, I can see. But not if its something new. I had to turn down work for Larry Flint so I wouldn't piss off the wife.

:beer: