Ohlins Suspension Guru Superbikeitalia

Discussion in 'General' started by CATMAN, Oct 3, 2007.

1. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

I'm here to help.

2. noidly1

noidly1 Well-Known Member

Seriose question;
    I know rake can be measured with an accurate angle finder but, How does one measure trail?

3. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Sorry. I didn't think it was clever enough to be sarcasm so I figured you were serious. :D
    Steve

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well I usually use my GPS when I'm out riding on the quad...

5. noidly1

Ha Ha Ha.
    Now answer the question.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i'd rather measure the rake angle and then calculate the trail.

8. noidly1

If the bikes rake is set, how do you adjust trail without messin up rake?

9. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Now Catman......Hiccup sworry ur umph i had to take a few shot to understand you. But i'm with you now. So let me understand this remember IIIIIIIIIIII'''''''''''''''''''''''MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM slooooooooooooooowwwwwwww.

You supplied speedwerks with your 2nd hand parts, and asked them to duplicate your present geometry, since you were so gaga for it, refering back to your e-mail, did they do that? You also said the parts were installed in a dangerous/ basically neglegent manner, but it seemes to me your biggest complaint was a sticking master cylinder, to your knowledge had that master cylinder ever been damaged? You brought some Rt Ohlins from Sean Conrad that Thermos man serviced but needed to be serviced again to....what did you say "the matching of valving superslick goodies in the forks n-i-c-e !" Are you from freaking Mars or what dude? WTF was that Klingon, eekk ooppp orrkkk ahah. I guess T-man sucks too....... I feel bad for steve getting you as a customer, but while your at it, come sit on my 07 600 and tell me if i can get back to 33's at Road A on it please. You buy used shyt and get mad when the used shyt is just that SHYT!

Wow to add insult to injury i find this post on the same site. How come you didn't give up this lil tid bit of info b4!

http://forums.trackdaymag.com/viewtopic.php?t=217&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=brembo&start=0

7th post down. :down: what a tool, you go from sight to sight Blasting a shop and wont even tell the whole truth. Btw how much did you pay steve?

Mon May 07, 2007 11:08 am Post subject:
    catman

Actually, angry one,the weekend went badly- 60 mile an hour front brake lockup in the rain on slicks and a Big lucky save that all the corner workers said they wish they had a camera for, a badly handling bike and a letdown like no other- not sure where i go next - the wife wants me out(was supportive up to the call of hell- the bike may need a new owner- gonna have to consider her opinion now, apparently my bad to think adding light wheel and radial brake front end would be able to be setup as good or better as it was- Turns out the brembo master cyl wouldnt release due to a back flow valve corroded and blocked, I was told by suspension guy CTI John and other help that I will need to do the forks and shock ,then i found a guy ( who hooked me up with a new brembo master cyl) who would help with on track setup- it wasnt even close to before- I should have left it all alone, now i must consider my future- - without a garage and the knowlege to setup a bike, and the inability to get a well known speed shop to follow through with my needs,i had the worst outing ever, all my people there saw the disaster unfold, heard about my highspeed
    front end save,and basically prolly the beginning of my end- Was real bad...

Last edited by catman on Tue May 08, 2007 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

increase/decrease the offset or larger/smaller wheel.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wheel size? :confused: How does it change the trail?

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:crackup:

I love you man! :beer:

13. noidly1

Smaller diameter shortens trail.
    But to keep rake you must compensate with a tube height adjustment.

14. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

Sorry I have heard on another site that the letter i first emailed was quite clear to them .I didnt pay alot of $ to come away from a "sv suspension" group with a death wish kinda ride. SO ,thanks to those who helped me see through this mechanically, thanks for those who see the great ending from a fellow bikers' costly errors and have the willingness to not pounce.

15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

HONK HONK short bus pulling up!wanna ride Mr. you look like you need some attention

Riddle me this, catman dooooooooo, please splain this -> http://forums.trackdaymag.com/viewto...brembo&start=0

16. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

Now Catman......Hiccup sworry ur umph i had to take a few shot to understand you. But i'm with you now. So let me understand this remember IIIIIIIIIIII'''''''''''''''''''''''MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM slooooooooooooooowwwwwwww.

You supplied speedwerks with your 2nd hand parts, and asked them to duplicate your present geometry, since you were so gaga for it, refering back to your e-mail, did they do that? You also said the parts were installed in a dangerous/ basically neglegent manner, but it seemes to me your biggest complaint was a sticking master cylinder, to your knowledge had that master cylinder ever been damaged? You brought some Rt Ohlins from Sean Conrad that Thermos man serviced but needed to be serviced again to....what did you say "the matching of valving superslick goodies in the forks n-i-c-e !" Are you from freaking Mars or what dude? WTF was that Klingon, eekk ooppp orrkkk ahah. I guess T-man sucks too....... I feel bad for steve getting you as a customer, but while your at it, come sit on my 07 600 and tell me if i can get back to 33's at Road A on it please. You buy used shyt and get mad when the used shyt is just that SHYT!

Wow to add insult to injury i find this post on the same site. How come you didn't give up this lil tid bit of info b4!

I asked ahead for suspension set up in my original email, that would have been good to read for you again.I mentioned the bike/and owner (sean C)1K of the forks .The mastercylinder failure was the cherry on top of a bad handling setup- yes after i had some competent help JEFF GOCHENOUR,he immediately saw a fine line of corrosion around a seal that i missed -my bad.When i asked Steve why brakes wher dragging hard? "New Pads" theyll bed in-Other shops mentioned the need , and trackdaymag.com did an article on the importance of revalving forks and springing them for differences in the weight of a rider/talent level. TMAN is great,has given helpful info, i am loyal to helpful people in the sport.THE TIDBIT of the brakes was jut a part of it all - I mentioned leaving the sport because finding local suspension help was difficult at that point,not trying to fool anyone - I see the dungeon still exists- the last time i left here that was supposedly closing- BYE:cool:

17. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

If you're going to continue to post your bullshit, at least learn to use the quote function.

Thanks.

18. noidly1

19. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

lol...ban this fool until he takes some english classes. My 6th grade son was laughing at his grammer

20. Dr. Costa

Dr. Costa Member

Thissa reminda Dr. Costa of 1992. Max Biaggi hava helluva time sorting outta da Aprilia 250. No turna atta all, handle likea biga pig. Max he justa atta enda hisa rope when Ken fromma Superbike Italia comma over anda offer hissa help. Rakea and traila alla screwed uppa, situation looka bleak. But Ken worka his magic, even takea the bike out for spin after he go acrazy widda wrenches and screwdriver and alla other sortta stuff. Messa widda rake anna trail and do alla sorta crazy stuff. Ken takea the bike outta da track and he reporta da Aprilia now ride likea da wind! Likea no other bike he ever ride! He say "Max, you no toucha nothing now!"

So Max smootha back hissa eyebrows and putta on hissa helmet. Max smile at Ken and smacka him onna butt widda wink. Max jump onna da bike and he tear outta da pits. He enda up inna kitty litter on da firsta turn. Max hea pretty pissed!