Ohlins Suspension Guru Superbikeitalia

Discussion in 'General' started by CATMAN, Oct 3, 2007.

1. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

K3 Quote- hope this is ok with him now that its all out there already
    Cat, your bike is perfect. The final changes hit the nail square on the head. We'll need to get you a new steering damper, since the one on the bike was bent. (THAT makes for a spooky ride....) I have a nice used Ohlins damper that I think will fit. Otherwise, the bike is ready for you to tear up the track with.

I was seduced by the bike. Plan was to ride 2-3 laps, and if she felt right, to come right back in. Well, by lap 3 I was handing 600cc bikes their asses, and it was becoming seriously fun. By lap 5, I was abusing the brakes and slipper clutch like a man with a death wish, to no grave consequence. Riders of faster bikes were really staritng to hate me. They'd pass me on the straights, and I'd take them right back on the brakes and in the corners. Finally, I entered turn 6 with the back tire in the air and the front tire pushing as I trailbraked suicidally deep. It was a recipe for disaster. That little beast looked up at me and said, "Yeah, that was OK. How about we try a little harder in turn 7, Huh? Oh boy. Time to go in before I destroy this thing....

Cat, you are not allowed to change anything on this bike but tires, is that clear? It's the best handling machine I've ever ridden. The bike was taunting and daring me with what it would allow me to get away with, yet I clearly hadn't found it's limits. Those limits were beyond my own, I'm afraid. Now I know what Ohlins Road and Track forks valved properly for the machine in question are capable of. I'll never have that kind of money, but there's no doubt that they are worth every penny. What bumps?

another recent K3 quote about the SV Changes by Ken--Superbike Ken is a God. He dialed that bike from a "Can't ride it" P.O.S. to a wickedly sharp saclpel. I'm a believer. Yesterday, on Cat's money, Ken sent me to heaven. Now I'm spoiled. I NEED a bike that good!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  2. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

Atomic quoted
    I actually been to there shop, I wasn't that impressed, but when I there they just recently moved in. Maybe they have there act together now.

I would recommend MCC in Villa Park over these guys

Thanks for your post - I believe you were in their new shop-(again, glad my $ helped!) I had no problem with their knowlege- just the communication to steve long for a ballpark setup, that didnt seem to get to steve trotter maybe- I did NOT just ask for all those parts to be "Bolted ON" see my email to S.L.

I have posted some more here during the night to help square up those who judged my words after:up: -not before all the info is out! Ive endured some major issues over the years - a lifelong /life threatening doctors unfortunate for me,40 yrs ago undiagnosed (till 3 yrs ago) illness - have lived with it since,and am just since then , -getting better /sorry about the english - I intend to continue the lifelong dream of riding/ due to trackdaymag.com K3,and Ken- the dream goes on again:clap: -cat My priority on track is to hurt noone!

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

People were going to go looking for him. Probably best he had to go to the hospital. :D

4. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

I will agree ! Lesson paid for,Mongoman,cat:up:

5. Chip

Chip Registered

I'm trying......but I have no idea what you are saying.......not a clue. :confused:

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

7. TrayDawg

TrayDawg Hawaiian Tropic Model

This thread is a BLACK HOLE!! I'm getting the heck out.:Puke:

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i think k3 can write faster than he can ride.

9. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

Sure hope it does, I have spoke to others claiming ill feelings,at the track about their results -not many,but yea, there is good and less good suspension folks around. My experience may be more costly than others,except the motor rebuild (former) clients.

10. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

[email protected]

What he does best is to convey info about the sport like a surgeon for our benefit- I am not new to motorcycling ,but am new to track riding- What us newbies need is what is at trackdaymag.com in a very helpful way-Maybe I could learn more from a faster racer?- not necessarily so- its all about the conveyance,and willingness to square our issues up -some for our safety,some for our speed- Thanks cat

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

CATMAN, is English your first language? You are VERY HARD to read...

I'm guessing if you talk like you write, the folks at Speedwerks had no facking clue what the hell you wanted. I've been dealing with Speedwerks for 3 years on two different bikes and not once have they done me wrong.

I stand firm on my statement that Speedwerks does great work and I will continue to support and promote them whenever I can.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

i heart the wera BBS :crackup:

13. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

I don't know what the problem is Catman's command of the English language and its application in written form is flawless if not spectacular The overall message to be taken in from his news of glad tidings is that for every obstacle no matter how overwhelming or intimidating there is a solution and that solution has come to him in the form of a certifiable suspension guru - a bohistava of boingy-bits, if you will - nevertheless, a solution has been found and attested to by others if not the man himself so there really is no denying it.
    What is everybody bitching about?

14. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

maybe Speedwerks thought his emails were Nigerian banking scams...that's all I can think of when trying to read this mush.

15. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I understand why you see no problem. You obviously speak the same language as him.
    Steve

16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Him who lives in glass houses...

:D

17. Cuddles de Sade

18. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Little slow on the uptake, huh?
    Evidently sarcasm is wasted on you. :Poke:

19. Cuddles de Sade

:crackup: :bow:

20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:D

I'm slow and I picked up on it. That’s one hell of a run-on sentence! :beer: