1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the Air Fence Fund and JU

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I just wanted to say thanks for AMA Sports and Steph for having the Air Fence this weekend @ Mid-Ohio. I never would have thought that I was going to use it as I entered Thunder Valley, but then again I didn't think I was going to fall off.

Hitting it was like being mugged by the pilsburry dough boy, or bitch slapped by the stay puff marshmellow man.

I usually donate money on every entry form towards AFF, and now I know firshand it works. Without that fence in that location, I would have been pretty messed up.

Thanks again, it was worth helping set up.

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Irony at it's finest.

Glad you're OK Pete! (well, let me clarify, glad you're not hurt)

Ditto the big thanks for having the airfence sent out. It was pretty nice to roll the first lap in practice and see all the bags in place.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Sean told us all about it:p
    I hope I never have to test it:D

4. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Im glad you had a nice cushy soft landing Peter....

I wish they had airfence on the ground in T2 at Nashville! :p

5. Morgan

Morgan The AMA Guy

Pete I'm glad you are OK! You have a couple of unsung hero’s that everyone needs to recognize.

Give it up for Hugh Flemming and Ross McClellan. Let me tell you a little story.

Every piece of AMA Airfence was used at Laguna on Sept. 15/16. It had to be torn down Sunday night, loaded up and driven to Mid-Ohio by Wednesday for setup. Along the way the truck died in New Mexico. Hugh and Ross had to wait until the next day, rent a Ryder truck, unload and load the Airbags and still made it in time to get them set up for the RRGC.

For those of you that don't know Hugh, he's been around a long time and busts his %*! to make sure that the Airfence is up for you guys. He's 70+ and works harder than most guys half his age.

He and Ross deserve a :up: and more!

Hugh and Ross deserve as much credit as anyone for keeping everyone as safe as possible at this weekends races.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Money well spent. We walked the track on saturday night and i realized how bad it would be to crash there if there were no airfence. Seeing it kind of put my mind at ease about hammering on it coming over the hill there.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Pete! Glad you're ok!

How's the bike?

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Woo hoo!

Airfence rocks!*

*When properly installed by a trained professional, as per the manufacturer's instructions.

9. Silo Pete

Bars, grips and footpeg needed replaced before Sunday's race. I need to get a new rear fender and right side shroud. Took 1 hour to fix. The soreness will take longer to repair.

10. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

How did the glasses hold up?

Seriously, glad to hear you're okay.

11. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

Pete,
    I am glad you are okay. The airfence at Thundervalley is a must for all bike races. I am still asking myself how you put in lap times of 1.43 on your 640 KTM, great job. Of course not the falling off...:D

12. Silo Pete

The glasses held up pretty well. Dusty, but 100% intact.

:D

Thanks. It was fun up till that point.
    :rolleyes:

13. rwatson

rwatson Active Member

How many times have you been bitch slapped by the Pillsbury Dough Boy?
    Glad your not hurt Pete.

14. Silo Pete

No too many times, but my wife wears this outfit....

Thanks to all. It was an interesting experience I don't wish to repeat.

15. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

It beats the alternative.

100% of the Airfence currently deployed by AMA racing was supplied by the Roadracing World Action Fund. Which means, by you and others like you.

It makes a difference.

In other words, again, AIRFENCE ROCKS!

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

What I wouldn't give to have my old screen name back right about now... (No, not Xaus... or pookie...) :D

Glad you're okay Pete! :up:

17. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Doh-boy mugs Silo Pete...sounds like another inSTALLment of the Minneapolis airport saga.:D

18. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

just for you pete..... entering thrunder valley :D

[​IMG]

19. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

+1 .... probably the most fun I had racing all year. Wasn't much fun after you fell.