1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columbia SC ???

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremy dunn, Sep 18, 2007.

1. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I might be relocating to the area, anybody got any sugestions on the area? Things such as areas to avoid, cost of living, places to hang out and things to do. I'll be looking to rent a place, nothing too big as it will be just me. TIA

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Stay out of Lexington county...holy christ the taxes are nuts. If you're young and single and like the bar scene, check out places in five points and around USC. Plenty of hot college ass runnin around as well.

Riding scene sucks unless you like sitting around the gas station in five points and enjoy the stretched, chromed, and gassed bikes.

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Areas to avoid...hmmmm, pretty much all of Columbia. LOL

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Folks used to say the same thing about the area south of Raleigh (Garneria, Fuquay Vagina to mention a couple):D

5. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

if you have kids try find a home in lexington/richland school district 5 or Lexington school district 1, and if you are for a cheap place to live stay away from lake murray, housing cost is crazy around the lake.

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

If I were considering moving, I would avoid this area...

[​IMG]

:D

7. jeremy dunn

Not really young (29) but but I am single & I still like college ass :D Looking around the NW area around HWY 26 around Richland/ Lexington county border

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Again, stay out of Lexington county due to tax purposes. Lexington is where I went to high school and my parents still live there. It's a nice, quiter side of Columbia, but the cost is outrageous. Ms. Teen SC, you knwo the map girl, is from Lexington.

There is def. plenty of talent closer to campus and the downtown area. North / East Richland county is really ghetto area, so try to stay closer to Lexington if you're not planning to be in downtown.

9. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

I believe that Americans do not own maps and if you are going to move to Columbia you should avoid areas , such as, the Iraq ........ for our childrens future ..... such as. Thank You. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pelion is where it's at!

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

That was pretty funny Dart :up:

12. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

Don't listen to Mongo, if you treasure your life stay far away from Pelion. They are some weird people out there. ;)

13. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

The Irmo area is nice, def stay away from the Broad River Rd area near town.

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

First off, Dart-boy, you suck

Second, Pelion is the most happening, as long as you don't own anything new to pay taxes on.

We have a house in the Pine Ridge area, and it is pretty good. Taxes are cheaper than our house here in Pelion, or over in Irmo where Josh lives. I lived there for 25 years and felt like I got a raise when I moved. My taxes cut almost in half. Plus you are right at the intersection of I-26 and I-77. It makes it easy to get anywhere you might want to go.

We have mountain bike trails, and dirtbike trails pretty close. And a herd of ok clubs all within stumbling distance of each other.

The riding does suck here, but you can get to the mountains in no time, and CMP is working on making more trackdays, and making them affordable, so that will help.

Cost of living is mostly nothing. Me, Lori and our son lived off of about 30k a year. That was with a mortgage payment, three cars one of which we were still paying on, more bikes than I could count and I could still race. Hell, neither of us worked for four or five months and we didn't have to sell anything.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  15. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

my favorite part of columbia is the greenville area or maybe the aiken area. stick i know you know how much i love columbia, most of my time spent in columbia is around the dutch fork mall. They have dolce and gabbanaw and versace there to name a few stores.
    on a serious note i have family that live out past the airport, i guess that is past west columbia in the semi country. It seems nice out there and last time i was there it was growing up a little bit.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Out around the airport is the west hell area. That's near Pine Ridge, South Congaree area

17. jeremy dunn

Thanks for the info guys. Does anybody know of anyone that might have a small house for rent or a nice appartment/townhouse for rent? Not really looking to sign a contract because I don't know how long I'll be in the area, it might be 3 months, it might be a year. I will have my bike with me so I would like to have a place to keep it.

18. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

i live in Columbia and have some rental property, none with a garage though. I could point you in the right direction. Let me know when you are moving and what you are looking for. You can PM me.

19. bryanderr

bryanderr Well-Known Member

you better hope ur girlfriend dosn't read this

20. jeremy dunn

yeah tell me about it :D