1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well, today is my LAST day in rehab.......a day of some mixed emotions for sure. I want to get back to my normal life, but I also fear that being away from this place will mean an end to my improvements.....I have to make myself carry on working hard at home, without all the expensive rehab help...

Anyway - good news: they found trace movements in my "missing muslces". The hamstrings and glutes seem to show some signs of life on both sides....this is big. With enough work, they might get strong enough to lift me.....dunno, but it is all very tantalizing....:)

Right, again, thanks everyone SO much for the support. I cant wait to see you all at the track real soon.....:):up: :beer:

2. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

:bow: Keep thinking positive and making good progress mark!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're definitely mentally strong enough to keep pushing yourself at home.

We're in town this weekend so if you need anything yell.

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

keep up the hard work mark :)

5. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid: Great things take time. Keep at it :up:

6. Dunham

Dunham Well-Known Member

You have come so far, keep up the hard work.:D

7. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Hit it hard, Mark!
    :up:

8. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

good news! keep up the hard work - we are all praying for ya. can't wait to see you in September - if we dont get to Atlanta/Rome before then.

9. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Mark-

I remember my first day returning home defiantely mixed feelings. You'll be so happy at home though man. Are you doing any outpatient rehab? I figured you would be since you have trace of movement. Get in a Pool if you can thats the best way to work those leg muscles!

10. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

awesome mark! you better be at the track soon.

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Mark, that is awesome news! You just made my day! I know you can do it.

12. Great news! Keep up the hard work.

13. Turn #1

Turn #1 Track Junkie

Awesome news Mark!!!!!! Keep fighting, you can, and WILL, overcome this!!!!!!

14. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

You're right Mark that is HUGE! Congratulations! Don't minimize it with the "well someday maybe" stuff. You keep having miracle after miracle. You keep receiving blessing after blessing (life spared, small movements, legs begin to work after they said they never would, married to a beautiful girl who has supported you through all of this, quite possibly the largest support-friend network of anyone at Shepherds, etc.) NOW you have movement in the very muscles that a week ago you said you Hoped would wake up someday!! I'm not trying to preach, I just want you to realize that a lot of people have been praying for you and you just keep receiving miracle after miracle!!! Just Praise the Lord, and keep on working hard. :clap:

Now get back to work & no more "Maybe, someday, with enough work, but I don't know" crap :Poke:

;)

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:stupid:

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Now look what you did, you're making John use dirty words like crap. :wow:

Keep it up Mark, you've got a lot of fans backing you. :up:

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:stupid: :stupid: Thinking about you every day. You CAN DO THIS!!!!!

18. MarkB

...well, there is such a thing as "tempting fate".....I'm fighting hard, but I"m very careful about making predictions to the future....;)

And thanks again everyone :beer: I'm back home now, and things are getting better one day at a time. I went back to Pirelli to visit, and it was GREAT to see everyone....even if they do want me back slaving at my desk asap....:wow:

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Mark, not a day goes by that im not thinking about you, my friend, not one day. :up:

20. MarkB

Thanks Todd...thanks. You have been a true friend.