1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead.

Discussion in 'General' started by marsolais, Jun 25, 2007.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Not even a contender for that title. :rolleyes: :D

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I know its fake and I never watch it but these guys sure look to be in good shape and more than capable of kicking my ass at anytime.

YES

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't read the whole story. Do we know for sure his wife didn't kill him?

4. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Protocol. Not to mention that at the time the tribute aired, the investigation was (and still is) underway. They won't "not air" something because there is speculation surrounding the deaths. As far as I know the murder/suicide news didn't come out until today anyway. People still died and as soon as the news of their deaths hit the WWE offices I'm sure a team went to work putting together the tribute.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dang!

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You didn't miss it, that is a very recent update on the original Yahoo link.

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, the details are starting to come out a little more quickly now. I can't remember, but I think I recall hearing something about murder/suicide last night, but I can't be positive.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Do you believe they put on that tribute knowing the details of what had happened?

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And we laugh at talbott, too. Not as much as we laugh at Lever, but some...

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Not necessarily, but I think given the details of the incident, it would have been much more prudent to wait a day or two for more details before throwing out a tribute.

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I do. He text some wierd stuff to friends who in turn called the wwe, who called and asked the police to go check on them.

Wwe are all about ratings, like the news media. No way they would miss the opportunity for huge ratings. :down:

As far as benoit goes, check-out if you want, but taking the wife and kid with you is a bitch move and if hell is real that should gaurantee you a spot close to the fire.

13. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

'Roid rage?

14. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

According to the report, they were searching for steroids in the house, and were going to test him for them as well.

15. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

You too can be "In Shape" :)

[​IMG]

16. eddie kaul

eddie kaul Well-Known Member

the tribute show was for vince mcmahon, who supposedly was blown up in his limo after a show. obviously fake since no news agency has said a word about it. i'm in italy and won't get to see the show until friday, my kids love it and i think it's funny, but i'm sure they decided to focus on benoit's death as it was real.
    and as a father, i can't imagine how screwed in the head you would have to be to kill your son. may they all rest in peace.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm so glad to know that so many of ya'll know what was going on in this dude's life and were there at the final moments so you can pass judgement on him.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Dude I dont give a shit what he was going through. He killed his wife and an innocent child................period

On 2nd thought maybe they found him hung and killed themselves

19. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Wow, that's a surprising post from you, PC. I would've thought you'd do a little more research before jumping to THIS guys' rescue.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

The heading indicates that his wife had previously filed for protection from him in 2003. I think there are enough signs there at this point to go ahead and crucify his name. Being a dad, I just can't understand how on Earth someone could strangle their own son.

20. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Exactly :crackup: