1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riders down at BeaveRun

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffrop, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, never been a racer. It's not hard at all for me to put myself in your shoes, never has been. I understand exactly where everyone is coming from with safety concerns, it's my job to weed out the emotional from the realistic and fix what we can.

My issue with Eddie is the constant complaining about things that either have no basis in reality except to benefit him or complaints like this one which are ludicrous and unnecessary unless he feels that all of those officials he's praising are incompetent and unable to see when changes need to be made. Personally I trust Sublet and Rich and the rest to give me input and get help from the head office when necessary or to effect changes on their own. That's what makes WERA the best, we have damned good people working in the field and we trust them to do their jobs.

When people have complaints or suggestions on here as most people will notice I respond to them. I've gotten a lot of good input and we've implemented changes due to that input. I've also had the opportunity to explain why certain things are the way they are and why we do what we do. But there is a tiny group of posters who will never ever accept what I say as being the truth because they are always right. Eddie falls into that category. It doesn't matter what the subject is, it doesn't matter what reality is. So I typed out a response but as I went to hit submit I realized I had a shitload of real work to do today for the vast majority of our customers who deserve my undivided attention without getting into another discussion which would be totally useless.

2. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

gotcha. get work then!! haha

3. DevDoc

DevDoc Racing against MS

Get well soon Dan!!!:up:

Doug and Michelle

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Done finally :D

Points and results are all up and I'm off to Cincy tomorrow early am.

5. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Kevin, glad you chimed in. I hope your dad heals soon. As far as Robert, he's pretty banged up as well and the bike is not well. We drove Robert home last night and although I won't speak for him, he feels horrible for making a poor decision. As far as the video, he checked the camera and it didn't record anything for that race.

Keep us posted on your dad, and it was great to see the both of you last weekend.

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Glad to hear that you feel better, but that single dilated pupil thing is not good. Chris, I have a friend who had that symptom a couple of weeks ago and found that she had a serious issue. You need to get to a neurologist ASAP or even the ER, espescially if you still have the dizziness/cross-eyed thing going on. I doubt that you have much more than a concussion, but get it looked at ASAP.

Rodger

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Seriously, I'm fine... I think it might have been the early morning or the lack of lighting... I was dizzy, and had some serious ralphing going on yesterday, but I'm much better today. Earlier this morning, I still had a little dizziness and the fact that I work on computers (staring at a screen all day) doesn't help. I have a massive headache and some bruises, but I'm getting better every hour. I read that the first 24 hours after impact are the hardest...

PS - were you there?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lawn Dart :crackup:

9. Then you must have a loose definition of needs coverage. Beaver Run is alot safer than most tracks, but turn 9 runoff is the one issue that is a problem, and when the AMA looked at the track shortly after it was completed, they agreed that that barrior would have to be covered with airfence if they were to run there.

You yourself have admitted that there are turns at summit point that need covered, but they werent last time wera raced there.

10. BTW, I just left Dan's hospital room about a half an hour ago. He is in pretty serious pain, but should be ok. He hopes to get out tomorrow.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How much coverage does turn 9 need? Is it something that soft barrier will help? How many linear feet is it?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Need coverage means I won't schedule a race there without it. Want coverage is a whole different story.

13. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

Glad to hear you're feeling better "Lawn Dart". Heal up and get back to kickin some ass ASAP. By the way, I gave Jon your surge suppressor so he can get it back to you.

Thanks.

14. It would definatly take a few (3 or 4 sections possibly) as it is a pretty long piece of armco with a lot of possible angles. It is one of the fastest turns in the country with some riders hitting at least 140 at the apex (sixth gear wfo on a modern 600 if you dare) I think that if you lowsided at the apex you would usually be alright, but if two riders come together, it can be bad.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll talk to sublet and Sean and if they think it needs it, I'll try and do something. I'm a nobody but I'll do what I can. And by something I mean to come to YOU all to fix it.

What's the run off situation? Would it make it worse to put something there (something as in bales or dog house)?

Let me talk to Sean.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again - anytime riders hit each other and change their trajectory it is bad. That is how you have riders hitting the insides of turns etc... It however is not something we can protect against because to do so would be to cover the entire track in some sort of bubble wrap.

I'd personally prefer it if you could refrain from hitting each other.

17. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Hey Lawn Dart:p ,
    If that pupil does that again get checked by another doctor. Both pupils should always react the same way, regardless of light conditions or time of day. Nothing to mess around with. I'm no doctor though...., i just sit in their offices all day! :D

18. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

there were bales there.

i came through a split second after it happened. from what i saw the bikes took out the bales before the riders went into the railing....... or at the same time..... bikes were still taking out bales when i went by... and i saw dan up against the railing with some bales around him......... it was such a mess i didnt even know there was another rider involved...

19. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i second that one, i was on kovz heels at the time. looked like riders never even got turned in, just straight off the track. it was bad enough that we both stood 'em up with hands up, def. an immediate red flag situation. i can testify that there is plenty of runoff if you get it into the corner, as i got punted there last year and kept it up to the tire wall where i just bumped it at about 5mph. however if you had a problem on entrance, bad news.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Perfect. Go and do your real work. Spend less time here. It's a waste of your time. And it's better for business.

BTW, this isn't the first time you've ducked out of a conversation by saying you have "real work" to do; which is a close second to the "whining and bitching" escape you normally use. Nice job. Now if that were actually true, you might not be here posting as much.

Cliff notes version: Paige nailed it, sorry. I'd encourage you to read the full version sometime though.