1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well, looks likw I really screwd up this time :D

My typing is limited, as is my ability to handle a lap-top for more than a few minutes, but I want to tell EVERYONE how grateful and humbled I have been by the incredible generosity. I have been speechless at the help, the well-wishes, the support, the auctions, the donations, you are all just incredible. There are individuals that i will thank personally, as time goes on, Todd Clarke being at the top of that list for sure. I have so many posts to read yet, it will take me some time....I am humbled by you all :(
    WERA is such an incredible family. I want you to know that my friends and family back in the UK have been left amazed at the response from you guys. Also people I work with at pirelli have heard about this site and are BLOWN away. They are coming here daily to check on what is happening....anyway, I love ALL you guys....I will never be able to fully thank everyone, but I will damn well try to.

I will try to post short messages here as time permits. I always get pulled into treatments for this and that, and the pain is kinda hard to handle. So, I will post this now, and try to post some pics in a few.

I ask that this thread stay as a sticky, just so that everyone can see my heartfelt humble thanks and gratitude.....

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. MarkB

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

All I can say is it's great to see you posting here again. Keep healing! :up:

4. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Good to hear from you Mark! Keep fighting the good fight!

5. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

WOW! Great to see you posting!!! :bow:

Life is what you make of it, and it seems your life will be great no matter what happens.
    Welcome back to the BBS.
    :beer:

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  6. MarkB

I wrote this to some friends back home - I will paste it to save me retyping....its hard to spend time at this PC.

Hello chaps, I guess I really screwed it up this time ; ) I was a bit unlucky with the crash obviously but have conscidered myself so very lucky. Things to be happy about are 1. Sam, but beyond that is the use of my arms and hands. Basicly I will be able to work at a computer. I can play piano, guitar, and make funny noises with the violin. I will be able to drive in a modified car so things are looking pretty good... I will still have a very good life.
    This will just be life # 2 for me. Plus I will now have a beautiful wonderful wife, the sweetest 12 yr old daughter who is very excited, and a great young man who is almost 18 for a son. We are already excited talking about all kinds of plans for a wedding at the race track on an atv, buying a nice single level house together, rings, family vacations to Europe etc etc etc.
    This is a million miles away from how my life could be if my back was broken just a few inches higher! There is no comparison. I have so much to learn but so much to be thankful for. I thought I was dieing in that field, life taste so sweet now.
    If you take a look at the threads you will see the incredible support from the people here. People have been so amazing and generous. It really is quite unbelievable. So there you have it I really wish I could come to see you guys at Scotts wedding. I would like to take any chance I could get to see any or all of you at any point in the future. Hopefully we could set something up. Some people think I am just puting on a brave face but I am genuinely excited about the future.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Mark, I'm very happy to see you posting once again. Sounds like you are doing very well. There are a lot of folks here, including myself, that are grateful that you have "won" this battle in the war of life.

I'll wait a few more weeks before I post degrading comments about you. ;-)

Let us know what we can do for you!

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

You exemplify exactly why life is so precious, and should be lived every day to it's fullest. Thank you.

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Don't be a stranger here, Mark. You know better than anybody than you have lots of friends and family here.

10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Mark... Great to have you back on the board... :up:

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

sup mark
    good to hear from you and thanks for the pics.
    the pic of you eating your toast made me laugh:clap:

12. MarkB

THIS IS SAM - WE ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!!

[​IMG]

Oh, and we want to get married at the track where we met, where we dated, and where i crashed - BARBER. :)

We were thinking of getting married at the WERA race in September, on the Saturday after races. It will bw sooo great to have you all there. I will be on an ATV, Sam will have nice GSXR veil....it will the Max in racer wedding stuff!!! Any ideas would be great, we were thinking Tony could wed us? Some tents to grill out, everone there - my family/freinds from UK, from Pirelli, Sams folks, and everyone in WERA who can make it?? :) Making these plans makes us both rel excited... I hope we can get a go-ahead.....any suggestions??? :)

13. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Good seeing a post from you buddy.

You take care and know thta we are all thinking of you.

14. AshTrey

AshTrey Well-Known Member

Mark, you are a true inspiration! Keep up the good work and keep healing buddy!

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Oh my gosh, I am so glad you posted.

Congrats on the engagement!! Keep fighting the fight and now that we are all behind you. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything at all.

16. MarkB

Thanks for the comments guys :D you an let it rip now....., I'm back:up:

I have alot of reading of threads to do....so many cool gestures...I love all of you...:beer:

LATEST UPDATE: they are taking me to The Shepard spinal rehab center in ATL tomorrow. Gonna be there for a long time, 7-8 weeks maybe.
    Yup - I am a full on paraplegic....but its still gonna be fun parking in the handicapped spots with my blue car sticker...:p :moon:

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]'s answered!

18. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

congrats!

Hey Mark - we have been waiting to hear from you. We have all been praying for you here in Columbia. Congratulations - you know we'll make the trip for the big day - I'm excited you are joining the married club now.

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Mark, you dont know how happy i am to see you posting again!! If you happen to read this before i call you, call me when its convenient.

You rock, man!!! I'll see you soon. :up:

20. MarkB

Aww Jenn, I loved that picture...!!! it meant everything to me...:) Thanks.....

I cant wait to see you guys.

I love you all...:)
    [​IMG]
    :beer: