1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Spoiler...

Discussion in 'General' started by jwb, May 6, 2007.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I agree. A few years from now after he retires from MotoGP. Not in '09 and definitely not in '08. I do wish his contract with Honda was only for '07.

2. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

No, but if you are a true "champion" then you should be getting into the top 5

3. Big Deezul

and he will once again spank yosh ass :D

4. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

i think over the next couple years you'll see lot's of changing in "who" is in GP b/c it seems that all of them are little people... i think nicky, edwards, and maybe even KR will be either in WSBK or some other "big" bike racing just b/c the GP bikes cater to people super small. That's why i think it would be stupid for someone like James Tosland or Ben Spies to try to go that way. WSBK is going to be a packed group when everyone goes that direction... they'll be hoping for top 20.

5. Big Deezul

I agree 100%, the Duc is on a totally different level. 2 of his wins were on hp alone. Not that he didnt ride one hell of a race, but if he didnt have the straight away power Rossi would have beat him this round as well as the season opener.

They say Yamaha has found the power to keep up with the duc...if they have and get it to work in their chassis, Stoner is done. I like stoner, I just dont think he is as good as Rossi on equal machines

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And I bet you see a minimum weight for rider and bike come in nullifying the anorexic midget factor. Yes, 125 and 250 experience is giving some a leg up right now, but in a year or two things can change. The 125/ 250 experience isn't helping Ducati in '07, the lanky rider, balls out style is.

7. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

fixed it for ya.

8. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Hayden vs. Biaggi vs. Colin in WSBK in 08?

That'd be cool.

Since JT may end up with a Moto GP ride next year.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hayden will be in MotoGP in '08. Two year deal with Honda. Even if someone pays to get out of it, he'll be in MotoGP long after you forget about Roadracing and move on to NASCAR.

10. Tameggo

Tameggo Member

I think that Hayden still does have what it takes to be in MotoGP for years to come. I just think he's a little distracted being promoted to such a high level of popularity around the world. It is all new to him, and he is just adjusting. Yes he is taking longer to adjust than most but I bet by the end of the season he will be back on track with top 5 pace. I also think the number 1 plate might have gone to his head, if I were him I would change back to 69.

On a different note...

Edwards drives me nuts, Qualifies good, and then sucks it up in the race. It would be nice to have a teammate that could keep up every now and then. In spite of this which rider do you think would be a good teammate for Rossi other than Edwards?

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Without the 250cc bump? I don't think so.

12. eddie kaul

eddie kaul Well-Known Member

yeah, if hayden was a "real champion" he would have gone a second faster than everyone else despite having a bent swingarm going 200 mph down the straight. you guys kill me. why don't you go back to dominating your playstations/xbox360's and leave the commenting to the tv guys.

i said a few weeks ago that i didn't think this season was going to be very good based on the fact that i didn't see them as being aggressive enough to shove people out of the way. boy was i seriously mistaken. thank god.

13. Big Deezul

:crackhead:

fack off dude...its not like this is the first round he has done shitty. I didnt know you were the moto gp god and knew all. What makes you different from the poeple saying he lost it? It's just an opinion....its not an exact science that is wrong or right.

14. xtest

xtest Village Idiot

No kidding...Edwards has been a major disappointment. At this point I question whether he belongs in GP.

Edwards rides like he is afraid to push himself to the edge of his and the bikes abilities. Fearlessness combined with skill is what separates those on the podium and those that finish +5 spots off the podium.

15. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Personally I think Colin would do better in WSBK, but I guess he likes MotoGP and will probably retire from that level. He is an awesome development rider, and Michelin needs that now more than ever.

16. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

Chip whats up Haner??

17. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Looking back through the Turkey photos, Hayden's front doesn't look much better than Rossi's rear tire, but somehow Rossi's tire got all the press. It's not like it's the first time Rossi has cooked a tire. At the speed he is riding, it's not always the tire's fault.

Another thing, it's not a spec racing series. Rumor has it the Ducati bikes have had a horsepower advantage for years, but they haven't always had results. Who knows how much of an advantage it is now. It's not like every race is a Ducati parade. It could be possible that they just have everything sorted enough on Stoner's bike that he can get on the gas earlier and smoother than the other riders. Everything has to work well together, and Stoner is just completing that package. He was fast last year but couldn't keep it on two wheels.

18. Big Deezul

we must be looking at different pics

19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I don't agree that Nicky's front looked as rashed up as Rossi's rear, but that's immaterial. In Turkey Rossi was leading the race for several laps, made a mistake that cost him 4 positions, then managed to work his way back up to 2nd place before his backslide began. The distress was as obvious as a turd in a punchbowl as suddenly everyone was owning Rossi including the mid-packers.

Hayden, on the other hand, started way down in the pack, stayed way down in the pack, passed a gimpy Rossi and managed a 6th place finish on a day when three people everyone knows would have ended up ahead of Hayden crashed out due to another Pedrosa hit.

I'm a Hayden fan and have been for years, but everyone was interested in what happened to Rossi for the obvious reason that something happened. Nicky's mid-pack finishes in every race this year don't get press time because they're just not interesting.

Stoner is riding a hell of a ride, and I respect that for sure. There's a lot more to Stoner than top end speed. But based on what I saw at Qatar and Shanghai he just plain has more horsepower. His bike just keeps accelerating way past the time that every other bike on the track is at its limit. Rossi seemed able to reel Stoner in on the twisties. Stoner never passed Rossi except on the straight where his horsepower showed an obvious advantage. The immediate re-passes where Rossi tried aggressive braking to make something happen but swung wide don't count.

Those long straights are definitely to Stoner's advantage unless Yamaha can find some more top end for Rossi. Looking at the remainder of the season there are 8 tracks with shorter straights that should nullify Stoner's top end advantage and 6 tracks where the Duc gets to stretch those legs. It should be an extremely interesting season as it unwinds! :clap: :clap:

20. Chip

Chip Registered

Hey John,

He is fine.....broken foot and banged up every where else....but for the most part fine. Hopefull to ride at Sears net week.