1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedro got a new Chassis...the Champ didnt

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Apr 2, 2007.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Nicky Hayden... The champ Honda doesn't want!!!

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I feel dirty for clicking.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Well, I guess that's about as official as it can get.

5. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

7. nig

nig Well-Known Member

And when Hayden gets to try the chassis, and still doesn't win, what will be the next excuse? He's been struggling for a while. Why did Dani do better than him in Qatar, without the chassis?

Looks like something similar to the Unit Pro Link garbage Honda introduced years ago, looked real good on paper and in brochures. I believe Rossi ditched it on his RC211 in favor of a more conventional setup.

8. eddie kaul

eddie kaul Well-Known Member

you can't say nicky is the only one with a problem. melandri is having the same issues with the chassis/front end. nicky should've gone to ducati when he had the chance. as for the new chassis, maybe nicky decided not to test it during a race weekend.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

+1 on both points.

Rossi's biography is pretty blatant about shedding light on the rumors of how Honda treats it's riders. No reason to think they'd treat Nicky any differently than the G.O.A.T.

10. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

last year the excuse was that Nicky tested too many setups and a #1 rider is only supposed to ride the good stuff and the #2 is the tester... this year it's Dani got the new stuff and nicky is on th old stuff. it's the same thing but backwards... I'm a nicky fan but this makes no since in retro-spec from what we were pissed about last year.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different deal when it's a brand new bike.

12. nig

nig Well-Known Member

Melandri is also coming to terms with Bridgestones I imagine. Nicky might not be the only one with a problem but Dani's Honda with the new magic chassis isn't the only one that finished in front of him at Jerez, he's obviously struggling. 2 satellite Hondas passed him.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Both pictures there are of Dani's bike. How can we be sure Nicky didn't use the same setup?

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I thought Nicky was the one with front end problems?

15. eddie kaul

eddie kaul Well-Known Member

nicky has said that he has a problem with his front end feel which limits his corner speed. perhaps the difference is most all motogp riders went from 250's to the big bikes. less of a learning curve in that respect. also nicky and marco have been in the big class longer than dani and toni, which means less habits formed towards point and shoot. no matter what the problem, nicky will work through it . just my opinion.