1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit point Camping or hotels ???

Discussion in 'General' started by slaw0002, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, have you ever been skating? Ice skating? With oil on the rink?

That was the dry grip.

2. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I fondly remember taking the MARRC school on the old pavement. In the rain. On a borrowed CBRF2, with shagged tires.

Probably the most terrifying experience I've ever had on a motorcycle.

- Roach

3. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

hahaha...I get the picture

4. Big Deezul

any Idea what the track record was be4 the repave?

5. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Right at 1:17. The first race after the repave, Randy Renfrow set it at 1:16.7 on his 250, then Joe Pressiano (sp?) struck back with a 1:16.2. It was a pretty cool race weekend.

- Roach

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

slaw..... wtf are you smoking?????

7. Big Deezul

thats awesome!

8. Big Deezul

come down with him ya pussy!!

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Is this a joke? :confused:

I rode Jennings for the first time last weekend and I've never slid so much in my life. So I put on new tires and go faster and slide even more. I can't imagine what it must be like when its 110 in July rather than 80.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jennings was more an issue with pollen making the track dusty is my guess. Normally it's fine.

11. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

he's smoking something. there is a day at grattan next sunday he can ride it.....

2 hours to grattan throw the bike in the truck... 10 hours to summit point hauling a toy hauler.....

tough decision there :rolleyes: he just hates grattan cuz he crashes an average of 2 times per day there. :D

12. Big Deezul

right...there must have been some issue there this week. I was told the same thing by a few people who raced there last week. Jennings is well known for having insane grip most of the time.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When the bikes going around throw up a pollen wake it's a bad day for traction :D

14. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Camp at Summit unless you are offended by people having fun that often runs to the stupid. There's a Wal-mart in Charles Town that has everything you need including steaks for the grill and beer. The pavement is great and the layout is one of the best. I think the existing track record is a high .13 on a 10 turn, 2.5 mile track you can't say it doesn't ahve grip. Plus there are the Marrc corner workers and Al Wilcox.

15. Al Wilcox is reason enough to go there.... every racer should hear his speech at least once.

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

If you want a good dinner go to Charles Town Slots and eat at the Buffet. Not the one over looking the track, the other one. It's something like $21 but damn, it's good! Not Vegas good but still good!

This is my wife's only request when she comes to Summit with me. I'm always ready to oblige! :up:

17. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

1:13.059 courtesy of Jensen at the national last August... It was an epic battle between him and a couple of the Vesrah boys....

18. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Kov !!!!

I hate you as much as I hate Grattan. :moon:

19. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Camping at Summit is good. :)

20. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

1. Old pavement was Effing scary in the springtime. Like slide both ends while straight up and down, on the warmup lap....and you were crawling along. It was the type of thing to make you wish you had training wheels. I'm NOT kidding.

2. Berryville - take the right outside of the track, 1 mile away take the right (Before the S wiggle in the 1 corner town. That will take you out to 340. Take 340 out to 7/berryville.

3. Avanti in Charles Town. (If it's still there.) Pretty damn good italian place. Who knew WV did upscale italian??

4. Watch out for the spring silt/pollen on the track. If it's damp or wet...it can be fine in places and treacherous in others.

5. Power - in abundance. Just be sure to return your key & padlock early. have a collection of the damned things.

6. Turn 4 seperates the men from the cubcouts. Hopefully I'll get a few merit badges this year. :)