1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ barnacle bill's doberman

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Feb 26, 2007.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

TZ( my doberman on the website that many of you have met at the shop or seen at the track) has been fighting a battle with colon cancer for the last 6 months but the time is rapidly coming that I am going to have to put him down. all the last week darethea has been begging for just one more day but the one more days are running out. he can still get up and out and tries to take care of all his matters outside but is so embarressed when he has an accident. he still likes his head rubbed and sitting by the window in the afternoon sun or just sleeping the morning away in his "house" but the time for goodbye is almost at hand and it is so hard to come to grips with the reality of it. I guess I just had to talk to someone about it and sorry for such a gloomy subject but i know my spirits are going to be low for a while. the other dogs know something is wrong and are keeping a low profile. I've decided the first morning that he doesn't growl at Booger at the" changing of the guards " is the day he's ready to go and we do the deed . he's had a good life though and as close as we can estimate he is about 11 maybe 12 years old( he was a rescued dog) . that's about all I can say right now. always the best to all. b bill and darethea

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Awww....you are such a good guy. I am so glad he was rescued by you and had a good life.

3. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Bummer man. My dad just had to have a 17 y/o dog put down. I'll give you the same thing I said to my dad.

I know you'll miss your friend. I'm so in love w/ my dog it's not funny. I dread the day you have coming up more than *I* even know.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Bill, my heart goes out to you.

Prayers are being said for your dog.

5. CD176

CD176 Well-Known Member

Bill: We were able to extend the time we had with our great dane by using big boy diapers when he had a similar problem.

http://mysite.verizon.net/pad3cad/jake.jpg

it's a tough day when it comes, and I hope the day for your doberman is far in the future.

6. i'm very sorry to hear about your dog.....show him as much love possible before that time.

regards...

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So sorry to here about your pooch, god bless you for knowing when its time to do the right thing.

8. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

TZ is a good boy Bill...I'm sorry to hear he's not well. Try your best to remember how much better his life was over the last years with you in it!

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Best wishes Bill. I know it's hard to do what you have to do in this situation. I'd feel the same.

10. GDI Tech

GDI Tech Active Member

You've made an extremely hard but smart and good-hearted decision. I wish you and TZ the best! He's got one hell of a playmate (our old Bloodhound, Matt) waiting for him!

[​IMG]

11. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

thanks all

for your compassion. an open ended appointment has been made. I'll take him down in his favorite truck and surround him with his favorite things and hold him close and comfort him until he's gone. he's been a good friend all these years and will be sorely missed he has been a fixture here at Barnacle Bill's. thanks, again. b bill and darethea

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

Having gone through this recently, I feel your pain. You'll know when it's time.

14. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathy goes out to both of you. Just having to go through this last night, I completely feel you pain. We were only fortunate enough to get 7 years with Dozer but they were great years with lots of laughs.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Bill, thoughts and prayers go out to you. I know how hard it is to lose a dog :( When a dog cannot enjoy all the great things about being dog, then you have to look at the dog's best interest. I think you are doing the right thing.

16. onefastgs500

onefastgs500 Well-Known Member

Bill ,we had to put our 11yr old dobie Gypsy down 2 yrs ago,was the hardest thing i have EVER done in my life,she was an integral part of our family and so much more than just a pet-my best friend and my daughters favorite playmate.she had cancer and was begining to suffer and i still couldn't do it,then my boss made a point wich really struck home"we tend to keep our dogs alive when they are suffering for our own sake -not theirs"i cried for a week -and still get teary eyed when i think of her.best wishes and my condolences ,Lee

17. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Mr Bill
    Your dog was very lucky to have found such a compassionate buddy. Peace be with you.
    Kyle

18. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

19. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear... Keep strong

20. Sunny

Sunny Banned