1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

embroidered letters?

Discussion in 'General' started by thatkidchris, Jan 30, 2007.

1. thatkidchris

thatkidchris Well-Known Member

Doesnt sound like a topic for a motorcycle forum does it??

Well, Im looking to find some letters to put on the back of my leathers and cant for the life of me find anything on the net. Is there somewhere I can get the letters and have one of the women in the family sew them on or do I have to just quit being cheap and take the leathers to a shop?

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Spyderchick or Barnacle Bill.

One of them will be along shortly.

3. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

You might find some at a craft store or fabric store. Hobby Lobby or Michaels maybe.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You looking for leather letters or fabric?

5. thatkidchris

thatkidchris Well-Known Member

Either one I assume. I have no experience with them. Is there a decided advantage to the leather over the fabric. I only have 4 letters in my last name so the price difference will probably be negligible.

6. Shingle Monkey

Shingle Monkey Schuck, Schuck

Doesnt spyder cut hers by hand?

7. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

She mentioned some sort of name and general lettering winter special- i think- i would use leather and if you want it to stay on/look good and support a local business that serves bikers well, email her think its [email protected]-Peace.....................................

8. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I heard that she pays illegal immigrants 25 cents and a small fry to cut them for her.

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

You guys so funny. Mark gets paid a living wage to cut the letters, it's the abuse at night that gets to him. :D

Chris, we do custom leather lettering, any thing embroidered you can take to a local shop, or maybe John from T-shirt Specialties can help you out 828.396.TEES. You will need to have a professional sew any patches on, because sometimes local shops will sew through the lining.

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

There was a post on the apriliaforum in the racer section about custom leathers, leather repairs and lettering, it wasn't bill's shop but i did follow a link to someone that repairs leathers and they had a bunch of different styles for custom names they put on leathers, i think some chrome, 2 color outlines stuff like that, i also ran accross a place on line that makes the puffy style ones for the ass area like the motocross guys use, or like hayden's that said all in, its like vinyl with foam in the center, pressed and embossed while being printed, i'll see if i can find some links later

if anyone needs any patches my friend makes them, you could always glue them down and sew clear plastic over them