1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Haydens... mittens?

Discussion in 'General' started by Newhouse, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Newhouse

Newhouse Well-Known Member

2. Shingle Monkey

Shingle Monkey Schuck, Schuck

a* has been offering those for atleast 3 years

3. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

:stupid:

4. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

The last pair of A*s I had was like that, I didn't like it so I cut the leather holding the two together. Not really sure what the purpose for it is tho

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i didnt think i'd like it either, but it doesnt effect me at all. i think it is to help prevent breaking a finger(kinda like when they tape 2 broken fingers together).

6. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Yep, just like football.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Makes it more like a boxing glove. For the odd shituation where you may need to punch your teammates lites out in a gravel trap. :D

8. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

whats the deal with the rossi sword and stone thing.

9. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Reference to Arthurian legend at a guess. You know...The Once and Future King.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

it's in reference to nicky's bone in his pooper from last season.

11. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I have been looking for those gloves for forever. They would help me tremendously. My use for them is coming out of a left hand turn when I have a firm grip on the bar and my wrist is already outstretched. Sometimes it is hard to get the throttle feel coming out of a left hand and cranking your wrist to open the throttle. Therefore, I will sometimes roll the throttle up those two fingers and just readjust when the time is good. Glenn

12. Newhouse

Newhouse Well-Known Member

guess i haven't been paying attention!

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pretty sure they are a safety feature, in a crash helps keep the small fingers from getting broke. 2 better than one and all.

14. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

Nice... :D

I actually snapped my left pinky on the clutch lever... that probably would have helped keep it intact... or broken both fingers...

15. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

My guess is......... that he is gay!:Puke:

16. LVDJC

LVDJC Well-Known Member

I believe it was because a study was done and the most common hand injury during a crash was the small finger bending back and snapping and by sewing the last two fingers together it somehow greatly reduces the chance of either breaking. :beer:

17. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

That's so 3 years ago.

Now, one has to use the drop kick.

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Bingo, you win the prize. And yes, it works.

You should also look for gloves that have an extra layer around the pinky, because grinding down to the bone hurts, just ask Shawn Higbee.

19. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

The Sidi Penta Glove has this feature also. Only it is a pin that creates a "hinge" to hold the pinky finger and ring finger together. If you don't like it, simply remove the pin and they are separated.
    This feature also prevents what happened to me at Tally last Father's Day. My hand got trapped under my torso as I was sliding off the track (I was unconscious from whacking my head on the ground) (I was wearing Held Gloves at the time. Great gloves, just one weakness) the leather on my pinky finger of my glove rolled around to expose the very thin leather that is between your fingers. The pavement quickly went through the thin leather and I got a nice dose of road-rash on my finger. So in addition to the concussion, broken collar-bone, 4 ribs and the helicopter ride to UAB, I had a hole in my finger (the LEAST of my worries).
    I tried the Sidi gloves and got used to having my ring and pinky finger hooked together. You don't even notice it when you are on the bike.

Scott P.

20. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

It's part of the "Shocker Assist" program.