1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hauling a racebike inside a minivan?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DakrAzdrVr, Jan 15, 2007.

1. DakrAzdrVr

DakrAzdrVr Well-Known Member

Another question: in case I get the Cargo version, does it have the mounts for a back seat? I might need more seating than 2 on occasion, and was wondering if getting a backseat separately and mounting it up would be possible.

2. r_mutt

r_mutt cookie puss

i don't believe that the cargo version has the notches to mount the back seats. it's also a lot more spartan.

3. tz90369

tz90369 Well-Known Member

99 Mercury Villager -rear seat removed (semi-permanently) and second row seats out - hauled TZ250, Aprilia 250, and FZR400 (not at the same time) with room to spare for stuff.

4. DakrAzdrVr

DakrAzdrVr Well-Known Member

Did the bike fit straight in or diagonally? Did u put the front wheel between front seats?

5. nicksvs

nicksvs Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention there is a regular version and extended version of the Safari / Astro Van. With the extended version, you won't have to put the front wheel between the front seats.

6. ecpreston

ecpreston Member

found some other suggestions here:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=88106

I'm trying to build a list of what will work so I can decide what to buy too. Since the Previa apparently works.... has anyone had luck fitting a bike into mid-90's Mazda MPV?

7. wannabejames

wannabejames Well-Known Member

I had a 1995 Chevy Astro...all was well with it in terms of hauling a lotta of stuff and keeping it safe.

Only downside was that IMO the auto tranny was a piece of shite and blew out on me on the freeway, leaving me stranded in the middle of asscrack, CA.:(

8. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

VW Eurovan beats the crap out of minivans, any bike will fit with room to spare and they're pretty tough too, used as commercial cargo haulers in EU. Get a '93 with manual tranny, don't even touch the automatics. Expect to pay around 1.5-2K for a good one.

9. ecpreston

ecpreston Member

I had completely forgotten about the eurovan, 5-spd would kick ass too! :up: From a quick search it like they're in short supply, but a neighbor of mine has is a fan and has one, maybe I'll see if he wants to sell.

Any feedback on the Mazda MPV? ....anyone?

10. A_Town17

A_Town17 Addicted

I hauled my 05 r6 in a dodge caravan. Fit with no problem and strapped to seat anchor points. The bike was lowered and inch at the time, but you would just have to lean it or take the windscreen off to get in the back door. Good clearence inside

11. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

I was wondering if anyone has a odyssey and does this?

12. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

I hauled around my bike in an aerostar, they are tall so it is easy to get the bike in and out. I can fit my bike in a caravan but i have to take the windshield off and its hard to get in and out because it is so low. My friend uses the extended version of the astro van and we can get two bikes in there easy. I have a pick up now and I prefered hauling my bikes in the van , it felt safer with all the shady mofo at the motels by the tracks