I need info on starting next year!?!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by jburger, Dec 20, 2006.

1. jburger

jburger Member

I'm sure you guys can help me out on this,
    Next year I plan on racing. Joe a former wera worker said that i should take my test down in west Virginia cause they have a full track day, but I would like to try on nelson ledges. Or somewhere close near northwestern PA,

I would like to know When, where, avg cost ect. for starting next year.
    if you can help a beginner out hook me up!:up:

2. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

plan on spending at least a g a race weekend not including your bike

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I believe everytime WERA is at Nelson Ledges in 2007 (except for the national weekend 9/7-9), they are planning to have a rider school. If you already have track day experience, that should work for you. :up:
    5/5
    7/7
    8/18

4. jburger

jburger Member

wow! thats it? damn i thought it was gonna be around 2 to 3 grand, thanks man

5. jburger

jburger Member

yeah man the only exsperience i have is motocross, never road on a tack day

6. tomastopher

if you run a 600 and enter every class possible with new tires maybe. that doesn't include truck trailer food and umbrella girls

7. jburger

jburger Member

wow tomastopher, you remind me allot of my uncle haha, but yeah i got a trailer and haha the umbrella girls, i got enough to go around the whole track lol

8. tomastopher

can i borrow a couple?

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It can be done for less than $1000 a weekend.

10. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

:up: the umbrella girls is where I spent all my money last year. I didn't place worth a crap but I had a hot chick to keep me cool and hold my rear stand and umbrella.

11. jburger

jburger Member

what kind do you want? i got the tall ones, short ones, skinny ones, no fat ones tho so if you want that sorry but dont carry them haha

12. jburger

jburger Member

thanks dtalbott

13. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Might wanna try a track day first...these WERA boys ain't no joke.

14. tomastopher

lucky bastard. out here it costs alittle more

15. tomastopher

'ill take two tall ones on a trial basis and if i like them i'll place an order for two of each:beer:

16. dtalbott

You just have to pick and choose. To spend less, pick a bike that doesn't eat tires. Of course, you can spend as much as you want to spend.

I wonder how many people have thought about racing, been told to budget a grand a weekend, thought, "Jeebers, that's like four trackdays," and never tried racing.

17. jburger

jburger Member

marcmcm, yeah i kno but, i think i can show better with racen them guys, i dont like racin with guys that suck! i can handle them

18. jburger

jburger Member

dtalbott, yeah man i know about the tires, but i wouldnt mind racin a cbr 600 or just nething in the 600 class...
    yeah i kno them type of guys to, my brothers one of them. but im possitive im pritty committed to sportbikes... plus my uncle has raced for years, hes gonna help me out!

19. tomastopher

not trying to put any one off with fees and two sets of tires that's what i averaged last season out here. on the other side though my team mates dad raced an sv on a single set of mich pilot powers for the whole season two to three races per outing and he placed 1st or 2nd in most of his races.

20. dtalbott

How many weekends are you planning to race?