1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I'm glad you seen between the lines.

The ice may melt but not everone fogets what it did.

2. charles

charles The Transporter

This thread and subject matter still going strong...well, once again, it is up to the members collectively or individually to determine if the 'right' things were done by AHRMA trustees/officers, and now the bankruptcy court will have its say also...it is kinda disturbing to read invectives heaped on Rob Ianucci since
    it appears no one knows the real deal on the litigation; I've yet to read here that someone has read all of the court filings...and last time I looked it was
    clear to me that we were all living in the U.S., which means we get to have our day in court...no one wanted this litigation to drag out for years, but, and again I'm trying to be objective, Rob Ianucci and the other plaintiffs are quite free to spend their own money, it is yet another thing for AHRMA to
    spend its funds...Thomas Jefferson once was asked what to do about governance, since the masses of citizens were not well-informed, and he responded: "Inform their ignorance." Much the same way, the AHRMA members should have been kept well-advised of the financial health and direction of their organization so they could make informed decisions.
    AHRMA needs to survive, but not managed in the same manner as before.

3. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Rob I

When I have met/dealt with Rob he was personable,,,, But.... When in power I believe he has used some of the same tactics he complains about to eliminate legitimate competition to his bikes/riders.. he is a legitimate figure to vintage racing but putting him in charge would likely be the equivalent of putting the Fox in charge of the Hen house... I think you would have to call it The TO vintage racing series... ;)....

4. Yamaha Fan

:beer:

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Bob, I know you, do you think that anyone in the AHRMA membership, after
    all this bullshit shakes out- if it ever does to a happy conclusion- will grant a
    any one person or group of people that much authority again? If they do, then they would be fools...

As Thomas Jefferson once said, when asked about governing masses of people who didn't know what was going on, "inform their ignorance." That is the job of enlightened leaders; we don't need so-called 'authorities.' :tut:

6. Yamaha Fan

Given the current state of AHRMA I assume nothing with respect to the organization.. I think it is sad that the trust of so many members has been steamrolled and that the obfuscation of details and facts just seems to continue... :(

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Sparks Farmer -

You keep asking to see the 68 page Complaint, suggesting that somehow TO/Rob Iannucci and the other litigants are trying to hide something, yet you continue to fail to avail yourself of that publicly available information. Go to post #152 on this thread. Charles posted the links to both the United States District Court for the E. D. New York, and the Pacer system.

Here's how it works:
    (1) You log onto www.nyed.uscourts.gov or www.pacer.uscourts.gov and register with the Pacer system to get access to all US court filings (the vast majority of the US courts are on the Pacer system).

(2) Once registered with Pacer, go to the Eastern District web site: www.nyed.uscourts.gov. Do s search by AHRMA or Iannucci in the party names, and you will find the Team Obsolete case. You can then access all of the filings by reviewing the docket and clicking on the appropriate item, in this case: Compalint.

(3) It will cost you $0.08 per page. By my calculations, for a 68 page complaint, that totals $5.44.

When you do that, you will have the Complaint, and you can stop suggesting wrong doing.

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Thanks for your always welcome thoughts, Bob...well, the obfuscation and
    delay are coming to an end, but it will be up to the members to determine
    how much verifiable information they want and receive, and then, to what degree they want to do some 'reorganization' of their own to AHRMA to make a more responsive body of trustees (if it turns out that was the primary problem)...

9. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I tend to believe racers are smarter than the average bear,but what you just described is america:Poke: :crackup:

Btw Thomas Jefferson has no place in this discussion,he would be dead or imprisoned in today's world for trying to overthrow the jack-offs we have in washington:)

10. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Oh to the original question,yea it could probably happen again,cause as cool as doing the right thing would be,most people just want to pay up & play without worrying about the behind the scenes stuff.

I hope AHRMA survives this,i really liked racing with them.I don't know if vintage jap superbikes would have a place in a TO race series,I know the guys on the committee have worked hard to get those classes where they are now

BTW,anyone know when the rulebook will be up?

11. tsrcycles

tsrcycles New Member

AHRMA debacle

It should come as no surpise to anyone that AHRMA's board has allowed this to happen. This is a clash of egos between Jeff Smith and his cronies and Mr. I. For those of us racers who have experienced the total lack of interest and response to concerns over the years we know that AHRMA's hierarchy has always put their personal biasis and agendas ahead of the membership. The sad thing is that the membership has been kept in the dark right to the end because our leaders didn't want us to know how they were squandering our funds to fuel this personal ego contest. I predicted over a year ago that AHRMA would fall over this and that Mr Smith's involvement with the AMA was in preperation to move vintage racing into the AMA camp. I still prdict that AHRMA will be disolved under chapter 7 and re emerge as a part of AMA racing .
    Is this as a possible blessing in disguise? Mr. I.'s legal action will take care of every board member via chapter 7. If he is real good he may even take down the AMA....what a blessing that might be too! All the people involved with AHRMA are well meaning and decent people. But, they too have been led down the wrong road. Tom Robertson

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rob may be good but he's not going to take down the AMA. That and for the most part the people he had a beef with are gone (even with Jeff on the BoD he's not really in power).

I hope that the game playing can quit and soon now that the bankruptcy courts are involved. I'm not joking when I say we really do not want to run a pro vintage series. We could if we had to for the sport, but we're busy enough as it is right now without the extra headaches it would bring.

13. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Come on now, I want to see some 20 plus gids mongo.:) And I like just racing in the south east.You better get another break down truck though.:beer:

14. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Will WERA still let us run turkey pans?:crackup:

When I did race WERA it was one race after another.:beer: Great days.

15. sparksfarmer

sparksfarmer Member

Good Morning Dave,

Since this whole issue has turned into a snow ball rolling down the hill which just keeps sucking up more and more "crap" as it goes down the hill...
    Let me go back to restating what I have said before.

Rob I owns a website which has a forum which was set up,in part to make the AHRMA guys be able to speak freely about the lawsuit that Rob has against AHRMA. Since he has allthe information and is being painted as the guy who wants to inform the members about what is going on, he should be posting all the documents including the proposals to end this litigation. I feel if you are going to sue AHRMA, you could at least post the 68 page complaint that you filed against AHRMA, as I do not look at the club as an invisible boogie man, but rather the sum of about 5400 individual members who have little in common with anyone else, EXCEPT THEIR LOVE FOR MOTORCYCLES! Dave is an attorney, in GA, I'm about 800 miles north in this god-fore-saken Winter-F$%&king wonderland, but although we disagree on some perspective and politics, we both like bikes! I'm sure that if he was camped next to me and I needed a clutch lever, he would dig thru his entire trailer to find one. I can not say that about any other person I don't even know, but when it comes to a motorcycle event, Most everyone really wants to see the bike on the track, not the trailer. Perhaps this is a romanticized view of the whole track experience, but that has been mine. At Mid-Ohio, I parked out next to the mx track and met some of the nicest people you could ever meet. They raced hard against each other on the track, but afterwords, they ate track dogs from the same pot. One year I was at the track and a guy blew up his motor during practice. Everyone worked on it, but it was too far gone. So one guy walks up to the rider and offered him his spare bike.
    Although I've only been in AHRMA a short time, I have not met a single person who I would not trust with my life. I would not let you date my sister, but I'd trust any one of you with about anything else.
    That is why I do not want to see AHRMA bite the bullet. I have often said that I don't know what happened back in 1993 or '95 or '99 or whenever. I have asked for proof that the old guard is bad and that Rob got boned. Maybe he did? If anyone of you read what I wrote about Rob being Cool enough to allow his bikes to still see the track instead of them sucking dust in a museum, you should realize that I have paid Rob some complements. I'd love to stop by his naval museum and talk transport ships with my step-father.
    What I can not do, is believe rumor or innuendo. If anyone has proof that Rob got boned, or Erik or anyone else, All I ask is that you show it. To me, that does not sound unreasonable.
    As far as me going off the deep edge with Dave, I'm sorry I missed my meds. Still, if he ever parks next to me and needs a clutch lever, I will did thru my trailer to find one for him, because that is what I think AHRMA members are about. We all have the single commonality of liking bikes.

I look forward to seeing everyone and sharing a track-dog. :beer: :clap:
    Take Care,

Sparksfarmer

16. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Now we're talkin! Mongo - make it happen.

:up: :up: :up:

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

mr sparksfarmer,
    what is your name?
    do you own a racing motorcycle?
    do you ride a motorcycle?
    are you an ahrma or wera member?
    why do you care about this situation if the above are answered with "no"?
    respectfully,
    rob mclendon
    ama,ahrma,wera racer

18. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sparksfarmer

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Gentlemen, leave 'sparksfarmer' alone; he is after all reacting to something unpleasant and everyone is 'different' in their response...

MORE IMPORTANT THINGS:

CHECK THE TEAM OBSOLETE WEBSITE, YOU WILL FIND A LETTER TO AHRMA
    MEMBERS FROM ROB IANUCCI /TO, and.....

YOU WILL FIND A LINK TO AHRMA's CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY FILINGS...
    READ WITH CARE, ANY SURPRISES THERE LADS? WHO ARE THE THOSE CREDITORS WHO WANT THEIR MONEY? LET'S SEE...

I'm off to work, y'know, making the world safe through prompt deliveries.

Transporter

20. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Hey Rob.

Heck of a race at kershaw wasn't it?:up:

Last lap going into turn 11 looking back and forth at each other to see who was going to break first.:eek: :eek:
    If only I wouldn't have hit my rev-limiter on the start finish streight.
    The three score keepers ruled in your favor 2/1 split.:wow:
    :beer: That was a close race. congrats again

Looks like you had a great season. Good luck to you.

Back to sparkfarmer. I don't know who he is.
    This thread hasn't gotten to the name calling that you find in the dungeon and I hope it stays that way. I don't think we will have a productive outcome if we start going on enotion and kick facts to the curb (though I have had to bite my toung more than once).

Seems like everone is wanting AHRMA blood. AHRMA this and AHRMA that.
    David 83bsa answered S/F's questions in a very civil tone and I must say that does show some class.:up: If we don't stay civil we may as well start arguing about religeon, race, polo-tics, guns,trucks, etc....

Sparky tell us who you are so we can get on with the discution otherwise you will be deamed a__________ and you openions will be just as blank.

james weber #465:Pop:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.