WERA members screwed again by low budget magazine

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Aug 2, 2000.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Has anybody noticed that you have not rec'd your lastest issue of American R&R. Well stop looking for it in the mail because it ain't coming. They have stopped publication of this rag. Go to www.2wf.com for more info.

2. wera917

wera917 Well-Known Member

Didn't really notice it never showed up ... I guess that means it was no great loss. Sure would like to get Cycle News instead [​IMG] <wink wink nudge nudge>

3. WERA

WERA Administrator

I just love it when people we are attempting to do business with don't bother to tell us these things. Well, once again we have to apologize for yet another one biting the dust. Sorry everyone. We'll try to work out something but maybe we'll just say the heck with the free mag thing, either it's of inferior quality or we can't afford it...

4. Tracee Polcin

It sucks when you are trying to do something for your members and you end up dealing with crap like this.
    Is print really dead?

5. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

I have to say that I wish something could be worked out with Roadracing World. I have continued my subscription at the rate of 17.95 a year and its still the best. Maybe when we renew our membership there could be an option. Renew membership with RR World adds 10 bucks. Wera could still provide a quality rag at a resonable price. Something to consider...

6. WERA

WERA Administrator

Definitely a thought! I'll contact them and see what exactly we could work out if anything. I understnd them not giving it to us overly cheap and losing money but on the other hand we can't justify raising everyone's membership fees to cover the cost so maybe this is the solution.

7. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

You've got my vote for adding $10 if you want RRW. Sounds like a great idea to me.

8. Tracee Polcin

If I remember correctly I think I got 2 years for $24.95. That was a special deal they were offering for WERA members at the time. But I would still pay full subscprition price to get the best rag in the business.

9. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

RoadRacing World.......excellent idea!

10. Tracee Polcin

As far as adding $10 extra for a subscription, I would rather that money be spent for something else. I can get my own subscpritions, thank you.

11. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Tracee-What part of option did you not understand.

12. wera731

wera731 Active Member

I'm all for Roadracing World being the official magazine of WERA [​IMG]

13. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

i'd cough up for the option. if they won't do it, how about we all start our own damn webpage and write our own race reports? sean got us the bbs, i'm sure somebody here knows how to create a page. (no, i don't). this way we can write about what matters to us anyway. whadda ya think hmfic?

14. WERA

WERA Administrator

No matter what happens with the magazine/paper/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit I'd be happy to do a page with race reports - just send me the reports in a basic text file or most any word processing program and I'll put them up. I may edit them a bot but it's doubtful, don't forget to include your sponsors [​IMG]

15. Tracee Polcin

Sorry about not reading the "option" part, my bad.

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

Only if we get Sportsman Series and Vintage coverage! [​IMG]

17. WERA

WERA Administrator

We probably could if we paid a reporter to do them, JU can't afford to have a reporter at every event (totally understandable) and we can only afford them for the Nationals.

I also know that if you submit something semi-readable John will print it, I got a story from Blackhawk Farms in a number of years ago and it was the basic rider a won race b over rider c scenario.

And don't wimp out on the web page idea, I'll do if you send it to me!

18. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

I would enjoy sending contributions from the low budget team happy! [​IMG] we see all the action from behind, on our home made happy-bikes! [​IMG] Rob

19. dave432

dave432 Guest

I'll send in my reports. I already write up a little report after a race weekend, put it on my web site, and I'm lucky if 5 people read it. If WERA has a web site to post it, I'll even put in a little effort on them now. Here's what I've been doing:
    http://members.fortunecity.com/dave432/racing/home.html

-Dave

20. Tracee Polcin

So if we just submit a story of our race only , that's cool? On the mailing lists some people post their past race weekends. It's pretty cool to read what everone else is doing or not doing.
    Just make another section of the BBS for Race Reports. I am sure you could nuke one of the National boards and nobody would miss them.