1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who took me out at Barber!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Racer_C_876, Sep 25, 2006.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I wonder if they have the tape of David Estok taking Martin out during the endurance race.

2. teampolevault

teampolevault Well-Known Member

Question?

Chris, did you possibly swing out to the right to set up for the turn and maybe not see another rider behind you and contact was made then? That could possibly explain the back side of your right shoulder being hit first but you said the other rider then also sawed your front end off also so maybe not.
    Hope you heel up enough to give it a run for the gnf, good luck!

Jody Stewart

3. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Who knows what they keep, what they have, or when they use it. IIRC, they were using hard drives as storage. We were up in the control room while they were clearing the track and one of the techs casually asked if we wanted to see what happened. I don't know if they were doing training or maintenance or if they do it for every event, but like a proud pappy he showed us his baby and pointed out where the cameras were and then typed in some time parameters and eventually zeroed in on the incident in question. It was pretty impressive.

4. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

Joe Public (me for instance) is not supposed to view the tapes.

I went down all by my lonesome in turn two, and I wanted to see

for the OOH factor and posterity. Unfortunately I could not view them.

YMMV

5. Racer_C_876

Racer_C_876 This is my drug!!

I was not setting up for the turn yet, I had just come over the hill out of 3 and was going perfectly STRAIGHT. There were alot of bikes as we had just started the race and I knew I did not want to swing so far to the right to avoid an incident like that. I just know I got bumped and then hit again and off the bike I went. Scary stuff flying off your bike at 100+mph. The bike is a mess. Both wheels look like Cookie Monster chewed on them, both forks are bent, both clip-ons broke, master cylinder and front brake lever and perch broke, clutch cable broke, gauge cluster shattered and wire harness ripped in half, rearsets very bent but possibly fixable, and of course bodywork and fairing stay
    toasted.

6. Racer_C_876

Racer_C_876 This is my drug!!

Thanks Jody,
    The new R6 will have body work on it this Tuesday and then it will be ready for the GNF. I just hope my left arm will be.

7. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Well, it's their playground, so I suppose they can do what they want. I can understand that they don't want every swinging dick going up there to check out the awesome pass they pulled on their friend, but I think it would be a great tool for incident review and post-crash analysis. Then again it might lead down a road that no one wants to go on, namely fingerpointing, liability and lawsuits.

8. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

I was right behind him when he got mugged. Whatcha wanna know?

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What did you see?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  10. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

He came around on the outside of turn 14A going into 14 and hit Martin once, they may have just tangled pegs or parts the first time, then Martin stood it up slightly when the contact happened, and about a second later the guy (estock) or whatever tips in again and makes contact harder this time as if he is going to bump his way through. :wow: I remember being amazed because the bikes were dead even the second time. I went underneath and the last I saw they were both heading straight for the trap/tire stack just right of pit in. I was right behind them both, I guess it's possible he did not anticipate that Martin was going to carry that much speed in, or thier lines just intersected, who knows. Looked pretty sketchy to me, course I've got a concussion and I may have imaged the whole thing. :D

11. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Don't think lawsuits would work

12. svstinker

svstinker Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Gary.:down: Were you in contention at the time?:(

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Martin, and Chris Parrish[Ghetto Customs] had lapped the rest of the field, and where pacing each other. It was actually fun watching. The 1st red flag came out, just as our fuel light came on. It was early in the race, but I would have been very happy with a 2nd place finish. As it is, Martin is hurt, my bike has about $1000 damage, I'm out a possible $2000 in contengency. So I can't afford to run the GNF, which will cost me another $500 in VP fuel sales profit.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You would make $500 selling fuel? Damn, we need to start charging vendors a fee.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

At the GNF yes.
    Since gas prices have gone up, my sales have been way down, close to 1/2 of what I did last year.

16. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

That corner needs copule sections of airfence in front of that tire wall - it's very close. It was pretty scary running off there.

17. svstinker

svstinker Well-Known Member

You just got to give those big name riders more room next time.:down: Getting hurt and losing the championship sucks:down:

Glad you survived Martin and come back and get them next year.:up: