1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn, killer deal on helmets

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I was looking for a dark tinted visor for my Suomy, but bought a whole backup helmet instead (it was so damn cheap). I liked it and its now my main lid.

Ridiculously good deals on FM lids, check it out from 1888fastlap: http://stores.ebay.com/1888fastlap

Sorry, its not a sales ad, just passing on a killer deal...... $400+ helmets for 139 bucks,,,,,:up:

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about FM lids. What's the general consensus of everyone on here?

3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I bought one and used it for 3 race weekends now. I like it. just as I liked my now backup Suomy 1R. MarkB has/d one, and so a few others. I think they are top notch lids, just without brand recognition is US. I was under impression that the brand is big in europe. But without proper marketing support in the US.

I wanted to get one just as a backup helmet, and for screwing around, but I am using one now as my main one. Got a blue Radikal. Only complaint is a visor changing system. It holds, opens. and closes well, just takes long to change visors. Overall 8.5 out of 10

4. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

any idea if the price is good if you go pick it up at the shop (I'm local)

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I really dont know. Just email them through e-bay.

Do you want to sponsor any 125 riders, Mark :)

6. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Martin Meta-Musil crushed his FM at Autobahn last year in the Endurance race and was able to get up, continue on(albeit briefly) and didn't require medical attention.

Not sure what that tells you about FM helmets, either they crush easy(like a friggin eggshell) or they really protect your Nugget! :wow:

Or...Martin is not of this earth (which we all pretty much know) "Facking eediot!"

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Would you agree they run a size larger than Arai?

8. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

What about compared to a Shoei? I like some of the helmets, definitely like the price but nothing I like in Medium which is my Shoei and HJC size.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

sweeeet. I need a new street lid.

Thanks for the tip.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Well, I wear large Suomy, and I got XL FM. I recall Suomy being really tight first, but finally loosened up. FM is a nice fit and stayed teh same for 3 or 4 weekends. 3 races and one trackday.

there is a sizing chart for FM on 1888fastlap.com site.

11. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I bought an FM a year or so ago and love the helmet. Fits great and looks good. The only issue is that it's a pain in the ass to change shields but a very good lid:up:

12. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

I landed on my head first in that one and the helmet did it's job :D .
    I have been using those for the last 4 years and I'm happy with how they work and fit - size is the same for me as Arai quantum F that I use to have. It's a good deal.

13. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

:)

14. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Speaking of helmets, anyone have an issue with helmets hurting their ears? I rode up to Gatlinburg over the weekend and didn't have too much an issue that I recall on the way up, but the trip back my left ear was killing me which in turn I think gave me a major headache. Headaches and riding do not make a good mix. :tut:
    Actually, it's probably not the helmet. For some reason my left ear sticks out a bit further than my right. :wow: Anybody else have an issue like that? It doesn't seem like it would hurt so much though with the padding inside the helmet but it sure was uncomfortable.

15. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

Maybe some hair would help balance things out

16. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

:p Well, that's not exactly the type of comment I thought I might get but maybe you are right. ;)
    Although, hair is not very aerodynamic. :D

17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

So is that a yes :) Do I need to be fast, or anything like that?

18. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

PM me. or email me at [email protected] and let me know what you are looking for. We love to see our name on a fast bike:up:

19. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

you better talk to someone else then :Poke:

:D

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Werd!!!