Officer loses life chasing bike - biker faces possible manslaughter charges?

Discussion in 'General' started by xtest, Apr 28, 2006.

1. red54

red54 Well-Known Member

Lets talk about divorces and get off this subject. I can attest to the fact the legal system hates men! LOL, I looked into a divorce, after speaking with a lawyer, I know why they say "Its Cheaper to Keep her". We are both professionals and when he told me how much I had to pay, My response was DAMN, I am not that unhappy! I was more like 500.00 a month unhappy, but not that much! LOL

Also the legal system does not always help. I have a very good friend, she is going to court for child support payments for her 6 month old. She really does need the money, but the father said "I would give you money, but before the court orders it, it is considered a gift". I have heard that from many people on both sides of the coin. Why would the court penalize you and make you pay again, when in good faith you provided for your child while waiting for these court dates? It takes a minimum of 3 months to even get a court date, if your lucky. So which of you guys are right when your argueing about the legal system? My answer is Yes, just yes. LOL

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Like I said before, I'm not a bullshitter.

Ask any cop how most chases end. He'll tell you with a crash.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i'm talking about you, and your friendship with cops that kept you from being a felon.

that statement especially stinks after your prior comments about police.

hence, bullshit.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have and they don't say that. I'm betting Bruce knows more cops than you do too :D

5. Sindic

Sindic Active Member

I am a cop.

The majority of vehicle chases end with the suspect eventually stopping somewhere and either trying to run on foot, or just giving up.

You have to remember that what you see on World's Wildest Police Chases does not represent the majority of cases. Otherwise, why would one 1 hour episode have chase footage covering a 20 year span?

If you want to have an FTP attitude, that's your right. But don't expect to piss and moan and get sympathy from me when you get caught doing something illegal. You played, you pay.

If it were public knowledge that officers could not chase sportbikes at all, why would any sportbiker stop? We would have a rash of 20 and under fatalities as Squidly McSquidnut decided he didn't have to stop to accept his power whoolie ticket and piled into my wife's Jetta at an intersection.

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

people who power whoolie suck. :D

7. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

I'm working on having my Crown PI replaced with one on this exact day. I was on the phone earlier talking to the Dodge dealer with the state contract. He said he is about to start taking orders for 2007 models, as the cutoff date for 2006's is upon us. I have only driven the civilian RT, but I am impressed enough with it to get away from Crown Vic's without actually driving the PI Charger.

8. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Mongo, Please, oh please, can this be Tony's new nick??? :up: :up: :up:

9. tony 340

Not bullshit brad. I have no reason to lie about it.

For some reason this was turned into a tony 340 hates cops thread. Let me make this clear, I do not hate cops, I support them. But I meet a lot of ego maniac, stare at themself in the mirror for ten minutes, puff their chest out, ask for free handouts anywhere they go, drink their ass off and drive home, drive 15 over the speedlimit in their personal car cops. If you knew these men and you were a decent, rational thinking man brad, you'd think the same thing. I won't ruin my friendship with them because of my personal views. Friends are friends, I don't start shit with them to tell them they're wrong in the things they do.

Charging the guy this thread is about with manslaughter because the cop F'ed up and lost control of his vehicle is absolutely ridiculous.

10. Bruce S

Bruce S Mafia In-forc-er

Tony, in all fairness to you, I've been a cop for almost 21 years. I've had a little experience with chases, only had one to end in a fatality, luckily the suspect and not an innocent civilian. A convicted felon fleeing on another felony charge.

There is no national bank of chase information. This information may exist on a state and local level, but even then, retrieving and processing it would be time consuming and labor intensive.

There is no good solution to chases except end them before they get started good, which is not always possible, especially with sportbikes. The suspect doesn't "deserve" to die, nor does the Officer. If they do however, as a result of their decisions, then so be it.

As for the divorce deal, well...I've been divorced myself. I don't know if the word fair even comes into play, because nobody really wins. However, there are two things to consider: 1) Child support rates are set by the legislature, so the court system doesn't come into play there and 2) divorces go through civil court, not criminal court so we're not comparing apples to apples in the first place.

I respect your opinion and am actually glad you have one, however, I do not think we are debating this from a level playing field.

R1Zoom: You won't be sorry about the Charger, definately a good driving automobile, hope the reliability is there because the performance certainly is.

And Tony one last thing: Don't wory about he badass cops out there because if there is one thing I've learned...no matter how bad you are, there is a meaner badder sob waiting somewhere to kick his ass.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  11. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

I'm calling BS on this one.

:Poke:

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I thought that was you..........Ponch.:D

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

REALLY and you know this how??? You dont think its possible that it may be someone who just stole a bike? Isnt that possible? I know lots of LEO's who ride who think that might be the case right off that bat.
    Let me guess in some other MC forum on the internet are you the same person pissing and moaning how you or someone you know just got their bike stolen and the fvcking police need to get up off their asses??? Id put money on you whining from both ends....

And dont start backpeddling now, how you go from 0 respect for LE to I dont hate cops Ill never know. :down:

14. tony 340

You don't know me. I said I don't have respect for the LEO community as a whole. Does not mean I do not support them. Just means I do not respect their views on many things.

I know a lot of riders/people. Back in the day when I rode street only, I rode 4-5 days a week, and rode with a lot of different people. We all ran because tickets, and more importantly, the insurance hike. For me it was work related as well.

We didn't run because we hated cops. We ran because we hate tickets.:up:
    I have more street riding stories than I can count, and I was there for them, not heard them get exaggerated through 4 people.

Bruce-you seem like a well thought out kind of fella. Nice meeting you. Everybody's different, and luckily there are still good guys on the forces with you. Some of my friends' friends, and guys I've met through them, primarily drinking buddies <cough> ideals scare me. On the divorce topic, every cop I know over 35 up here has been divorced. Not sure why. I like to see marriages work out instead of calling it quits, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So rather than obey the law and not get a ticket, you'd broke the law and the ran when you got caught putting yourself and others in danger - and you think the cops were being assholes? Sounds like you were the major asshole in the situation not to mention seriously stupid.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

feel dat sting big boy.... :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I guess I could have been nicer but dayum that level of denial just amazes me.

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you always could have been nicer. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

SUPER KABLAMO!!!! :D