stick this in your pipe!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by thomus, Apr 8, 2006.

1. thomus

thomus Well-Known Member

well, i went to play on my ysr the other day and it didnt start (thank god, because i would have been fucked!) i started playing with it a bit, took the plug out and went through a few spins of the motor and a liquid came out, i figured it was water, and the my head or base gasket were leaking, i was going to drain the oil out to make sure there was no water in it and i found i had a pipe full of gas, and im assuming the bottom end is to. i got really lucky on this guys, i could have killed myself, so needless to say i want to fix the problem, leaking petcock perhaps? something wrong with the carb? i dont know.. anyone have any insite? it has a dt60 motor in it. thanks:)

2. Willybeen

Willybeen Well-Known Member

wow.. can u imagine if it fired up.... hope you figure it out and hope its an easy fix...

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Sounds like a leaking petcock. Do a pressure check so you know your cases and seals are still good. Otherwise, you could seize.

4. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

float on the carb is stuck.Probably not a good seal on the needle(not the slide needle) or some debris in there.Petcock is made to leak if open,float should let the bowl fill up and stop when the correct level is obtained.

5. iwheeln2

iwheeln2 Well-Known Member

Fuel in pipe

Thomas, Good to see you are finaly going to ride the ysr again. The YSR's are known to have this problem. It is the petcock!! They go with age. They leak past into the cylinder into the pipe. You should take the pipe off and drain it, then turn the motor over (for you, turn back wheel) slowly to make sure the crank cavity is emty. (You may have to tilt bike forward to drain cavity) Then reinstall parts & start motor!!!
    How are you doing with the RS250 ?? Have you been riding it much ? Do you still have it?? Any other questions give me a call.....Thanx :up:

6. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are you refering to an Aprilia or Honda RS250? I know the original post was about a YSR, but just as a point of info, Aprilia RS250 petcocks are notorious for the same leak. Most people just install a quick disconnect on the fuel line and uncouple it when trailering or not running for any period of time.

7. iwheeln2

iwheeln2 Well-Known Member

petcock

I was asking about his Honda RS250. But the petcock info was about the YSR!! Thanx