1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to crash in a school zone

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Mar 16, 2006.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

My daily commute requires passing through a school zone. I stop at a stop sign, turn right, nod to crossing guard, and proceed slowly through the rest of the zone.

This morning, it was a brisk, 40-ish, sunny day and as I nodded to the crossing guard, it all went south. Nearest I can figure, the cold tires mixed with the solid white stripes, denoting the cross walk, got the rear tire spinning and down I went.

After the spill, the poor crossing guard was still finishing her wave, but her hand froze in place, as her other hand covered her mouth in typical, "Oh my gawd!" fashion.

Since VA cops love giving wreckless operation tickets to motorcyclists, I righted the bike and limped home as quickly as I could. Assessing the damage in the driveway, the right turn signal was DOA, but the rest of the SV1k survived, thanks to the frame sliders.

The most ironic part is that in the last 5 years, I've had two street crashes. Both times I was wearing the same pair of bluejeans. Tonight, JLG said she's gonna burn 'em.

Have a great day!

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:(

Glad you weren't hurt at least.....probably hard to hurt yourself going 0 though. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - glad you're okay!

4. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

You know how I know you're gay?

You crash at crosswalks. :D

Nah, seriously, good to hear you are alright.

5. packfan

packfan El Presidente

They are a witch... Burn Them!!!!!!

6. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

What about the crosssing guard? Did she survive? If she is anything like
    the crossing guards we have down her, was she checking you out or fixing her makeup or hair?????:rolleyes: Hope you are ok. And tell Jennylynn to
    fry those suckers!!!!!!!:D

7. MudButt

MudButt Well-Known Member

Dont you know better than to go out without throwing those warmers on for 45 mins to get tires up to operating temp? :D Glad to hear you're alright and i agree ... burn those jeans! :up:

8. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Too bad some school mommy didn't have her camera with her. :Poke:

Glad you're alright, Steve!

9. YZF Cathy

YZF Cathy Well-Known Member

Five year old blue jeans ought to be burned anyway, just on general principle. :) Glad to hear you wern't hurt. I've come close twice, doing the same thing. Got lucky.

10. CeverR6

CeverR6 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing, wow your blue jeans last 5 years and 2 wrecks....Hell a little lowside after I met Mr.Buzzard at 60 took a good chunk outta the blue jeans I was wearing

11. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

The first time was on the DRZ in the rain, so not much friction to really tear them up. I guess that was only 2-3 years ago This one, like Paige said, was at a speed infinitely approaching 1 MPH, so they got even less damage than the first crash.

I used to laugh at guys that exited the pits at Roebling Road and immediately crashed. I guess I fall into that category now.

On many a day, the crossing guard is leaning into the passenger window of a cop car. Thank Gawd they were at the doughnut shop today.

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I have crashed twice and I was wearing the same leathers both times. Maybe that means I need a new set of leathers :)

13. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

those painted lines can definitely get slick. especially when wet. between that and putting man holes covers on braking zones im convinced that the man is out to get us.

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

do they float?

15. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Steve- check your pm's