1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUGE Leathers compilation

Discussion in 'General' started by LDH, Mar 12, 2006.

1. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

No not leathers for fat people... I'm doing some marketing type research & I really need your guys input to offset the masses of street riders that have responded on several other motorcycle forums.

I'm personally compiling all the answers into a spreadsheet for everybody to view & get an idea of what brand leathers are sold to which riders.

All I need are to know is what brand you own & whether you are a Street Rider, Track Rider or Both. Please do not give a long list of information or tell us why you have them, or want you want instead etc as I will have to read all these posts & sort out the data one at a time so just the basics please. If you wear your Aerostich textile on the street & your leathers on the track etc... then for the purpose of my post just tell me you are a Track Rider & what brand leathers you have as I only want to know the main reason you wear leathers & what brand. I figure the vast majority of you guys are track only though...

For example, very simply very easy to read

Barnacle Bill Leathers
    Track Rider

& thank you in advance!

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Track rider...Brand NJK custom leathers, bought em cuzz they were recomended, and they are close by.

3. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

Spyke T-Shield (1 piece)
    Track rider

got them because i got a deal i couldnt refuse :up:

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

what are you trying to say in your report?

just because we've used/have a set of a particular brand doesn't mean we like/dislike or that they would be chosen in hindsight.

dainese
    fieldsheer
    z custom
    alpinestar
    vanson

track

5. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

As far as marketing is concerned what you have now speaks volumes. Your situation may be extenuating, you may have a particular suit because you got an awesome deal to good to pass up or were short on money or inherited it from your great great uncle or you may want something different or better, but the fact remains that is what you have & are using & that is the true data I am after.

6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

syed track

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

in that case...

fieldsheer
    z custom
    alpinestar
    vanson

track

yeah, i use 'em all.

8. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Barnacle Bill

track

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Teknic 2 piece (street)
    Hien Gerick 1 piece (track)

10. kTMS4ME

kTMS4ME Well-Known Member

Syed

track

11. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

Thanks Dhane :D

12. Ammo

Ammo Well-Known Member

hjc 1pc - track
    stich - street

13. ProPerformance

ProPerformance Rather be riding

hein gericke - two piece - track
    joe rocket textile - summer street
    Carhart one piece - winter street

In market for one piece track.

14. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill Track

15. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill

AGV

Track

16. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Helston - street: for style and great construction, outstanding product. Very expensive.

Kobe 1 piece - track: cheap and readily available off the rack. Would prefer a better fit, but I'm oddly shaped and will need some Barnicle Bills/Vanson/Syed custom stuff for proper fit. That'll be a few seasons and a more than a few hundred dollars away from now.

-HJK

17. cjc432

cjc432 Member

AGV Sport
    Track

18. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

For track

They started life as AGV, but have been "customized" by Barnacle Bill. Sorry for the complicated answer... but that's the way it is. They're nothing like they were off the rack.

For street

Joe Rocket nylon stuff.

19. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

agv track rider

straight couldnt beat the deal, thanks again D

20. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

syed for track, custom made cause im big, most leathers dont make my size (+/- 54/64)

first gear textile for street