Speed Channel...Need help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris18, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

Ok, so I finally upgraded to digital cable to get speed channel back. Bastards took it away here in Atlanta about a month or so ago. Problem is, I can't program my VCR to record through the box. I know I can record stuff while I'm there, but that doesn't do a damn bit of good. Anyone with digital cable know how to do this or if its even possible? I might just be a dumbass.

2. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Set the VCR to Channel 3or4, and the Cable Box to SpeedVision Channel. ??

Make sure Cable Box is ON when you leave. [​IMG]

3. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

LOL.. no comment...

Digital cable is different than old cable.
    If you have an older VCR you may be SOL.
    Newer ones usually have a "mode" switch on them somewhere, either on the back or you select it on screen. I can't recall which one is for digital feed, but if you play with it you will hit the right one that lets the VCR "see" the digital channels.

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Yeah, it's pretty much that simple. [​IMG]

5. KMarquez

KMarquez Member

Don't feel bad. I worked customer service for 4 years for a consumer electronics manufacturer and a good number of our calls were helping people hook up and program their tv and vcr's.
    Provided it's all hooked up correctly, the output from the box goes into the input of the vcr and the out(s) from the vcr go to the in(s) of the tv. Provided this is a newer vcr, most vcr's need to have the channels programmed in order to recognize "program to record". this is usually on the 1st time set up menu. Usually, the only channel frequency coming out of the box will be 3 or 4 so the vcr must be set to that channel in order to pick up the signal from the box.
    Let me know if this doesn't make seem to work, I'll try to think of something else that it could be. Also would help to know the kind of vcr/cable system you have. We just got Bellsouth Digital Cable turned on today. Ours definately would not be a happy home with no cable for next weekend.
    Hope this helps.