Super Novices

Discussion in 'General' started by thiam1, Nov 11, 2000.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

2. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

its about time sean [​IMG]

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Why do most of all these threads end up with cherry picking or something to the effect? It's the same old shit that's brought up every time. If everbody would put all that effort into their package they would be better off.

4. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Hey Tracee,just keep your 'effort' away from our 'package'! [​IMG]

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Guys, I'm reading the WERA BBS over here in the Land Of the Rising Sun (that's Japan for you geographically challenged folks), and the BS about cherry picking is making me wear boots over here.

Time to move on! :)

Rick

6. WERA

WERA Administrator

What the heck are you doing over there? Bring back some bikes in your carry on luggage!

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Ah, Rick-San, can you bring me back a 400RR, please. [​IMG]

8. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Who are the "Cherry Pickers" going to be next year? We can start the bickering now. Basically who is whining to WERA saying, "I'm not good enough to be an expert. Pleeeeeez let me stay novice next year so I can kick everyones ass." [​IMG]

9. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Dude, have you been to that street that lined with bike shops (some of which are 8 to 10 floors high)? I was there in May: I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Reply if you need an address. I must have that somewhere on a receipt.

10. TONY #20

TONY #20 Well-Known Member

Hey Janie, Where have you been I thought Jeff had you working the press, since he won his National Championship (ha-ha). Congradulations again. I just wanted to agree with you about Cobb, yea he is fast. But if anyone watched the 2nd thru 5th placed riders in most of the races they saw a great race. It isn't all about who wins, there does have to be some fun in a good race, even if it isn't between the top 3.
    Well, enough about that subject, I feel like we have constant rewind on here from all of the Cobb junk. Hope things are well, with you guys, see you in Feb. '01.

Amy

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Ah, Clarke-san, you must know why I volunteered for this project!

In all seriousness, I am a Project Manager for my company, and we are installing our product line in a hotel here that will allow their guests high speed Internet access. You would be surprised how many Japanese folks read the WERA BBS! (and if you believe that, then I've got some ocean front land for sale near Hallett Raceway ...)

The bike district in Tokyo is called Ueno. I have not yet made it there on this trip; I was there in June 1998. Perhaps again on my next trip in December. So far this trip has been 14 hr work days and sleep; nothing else.

Tomorrow, Saturday, I will be attending a track day with a friend of mine who will be riding his 900SS Ducati. So I'll have at least a little bit of fun. No, I won't ride. I don't do diesels.

12. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've seen, as have I, the March Daytona races where Kurtis Roberts and people like that will enter the CCS races - run away with it - then pit before the checkered comes out. They do this so that the race outcome won't be "tainted" by their participation. Guys like Yaakov, Rose, Snyder, Szarek, Bermisderfer, etc., (as much as I admire and respect their skills) aren't ever really going to run away with a truly national level race.

13. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Agreed. and I'll add that turning Pro from Expert is a totally different thing than turning Expert from Novice. In theory, pro races are for people who expect to make money doing this. Some of us have real jobs, and have neither the skills nor the time to ever "work" as pro riders. I don't see a need to push someone to the pros just because they're dominating the expert ranks. On the other hand, spending your life in the Novice class is a totally different matter. By definition, you cannot be a "novice" for ever. However, you can be an "expert" forever. The major question is what to think of pros racing in the Expert classes. Should people stay pros once they make the move?

14. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

The major question is what to think of pros racing in the Expert classes. Should people stay pros once they make the move?

No, most "pros" only do selected AMA events. Even if they were to do the entire AMA series, that is what, 11 races a year if they don't get rained on?
    Plus you won't get the chance to race on some of your favorite tracks.

The number of Pros who are true pros and actually make a living roadracing in the US is probably less then 40 people. Take out the factory guys and you are left with guys who are going to have to come in and cherry-pick WERA money paying events so they can afford to stay Pro.

15. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, and keep your "package" away from my "effort"! [​IMG]

16. gmiles

gmiles Member

17. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

There we go again...

18. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

19. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

WERA I'll give you money/beer to nuke this stupid thread!!! Who gives a shit about cherry picking anyway?

My answer to that is now and always will be RIDE FASTER and SHUT UP ! ! ! ! !

20. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Amen Due North....