1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed for our Two Month Old

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Jan 8, 2006.

1. dave333

dave333 traveler

John,

Thanks for getting back to this post! I'm sure your mind is on a thousand things... I know you'll have a lot of folks keeping Mason, you and your wife in our prayers....

2. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Your family is in my Prayers.

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

John,

I'll be thinking of Mason and you and hoping that all goes well.

Keep us all posted if you have time!!

Rodger

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thoughts and prayers for young Mason.

Morris Foor

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I definitely will keep everyone updated. I hope to have news by tomorrow night so should have something up by Tuesday at the latest. With all of the caring and help everyone has offered, I'll let eveyone know how things are progressing.

6. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

My wife and family will keep Mason in their prayers.

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

A family friend's son had the same deal at right around two also. He got the shunt and is an awesome, normal, fun kid.

Prayers sent from Minnesota.

8. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Prayers for Mason.

9. kevinrc51

kevinrc51 Well-Known Member

prayers sent..

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Thoughts and prayers for your family.

11. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Prayers are sent dude!

12. Prayers sent! Hang in there, as someone mentioned kids especially babies can get thru some pretty amazing illnesses and end up perfectly healthy afterwards. The childrens hospital in Atlanta is suppose to be very very good. I'm sure young Mason will be in good hands both here in Atlanta and from the man upstairs. Do they know what caused the fluid build up? We just had a daughter 6 months ago and don't remember reading anything on this, that's why I ask.

God Bless

God hear our prayers!

13. Ducman491

Ducman491 Member

I don't pray much but I have started today after reading your post. My thoughts and prayers are focused on little Mason. Good luck little guy.

14. lbdwag

lbdwag Well-Known Member

hope that everything goes well.

15. x_files

x_files Active Member

Hang in there and remember miracles happen every day. Young Mason is in our family's prayers.

16. JohnC

JohnC Enormous Member

John, man, best of luck to Mason, and if there is anything at all I can do for y'all, let me know. You can PM me on this or the other forum.

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Things are looking up...keep thoughts and prayers coming

Progress report. Catscan today showed no sign of the hydrocephaloma they were expecting to begin with. There is still fluid that must be removed, but it is outside his brain rather than inside. MUCH better situation. He will still have to have a shunt installed, but it will only be for six months rather than life as it is looking. Further, the fluid buildup is looking like a one time situation. Also, the catscan is showing no pressure significant enough to damage the brain, so things are also looking great on that front. No stress neurologically.
    So whatever ya'll are doing, please keep it up, its working.
    And to all that have prayed for us, wished us good thoughts, sent us PM's, etc, I can't thank you enough. Your support has really helped us through a difficult time.
    Needless to say, we're not going to feel comfortable until the surgery is done Wednesday, but as of now, things are improving, so whatever you're doing, like I said, keep it up.
    Thanks all and I'll have another progress report for you tomorrow after the MRI or after the surgery Wednesday.
    Thank you each and every one.

18. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

We're not completely sure about the cause for the fluid buildup. May have just been a fluke where there was an over production at one point or may have been too much initially that suddenly showed itself as his brain grew in and started increasing the presure by displacement. It showed up when the growth in his ead (the circumference) went up about 5 cm in a month instead of 2 cm. The pressure was pushing his plates apart instead of allowing them to fuse. This was our saving grace. This prevented heavy pressure buildup on his brain.
    The other option for the fluid buildup could have been hydrocephalus. Its not looking like that now, but if it were, its due to a chemical imbalance that creates the fluid that travels from the brain down the spinal cord. The other reason for the buildup if the chemical balance is normal is a kink or blockage on the drain from the brain.
    We've learned A LOT about this real fast, we're hoping not to have to learn more.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Glad it's good news so far - if you guys need anything all you have to do is ask.

20. Wonderful news!!! They so those surgery's all the time so hopefully it will go as routine as others. I'm so happy to hear that the results so far have been on the upside of things. I rememeber back when we were getting all of our ultrasounds done and they were taking all these pictures and measurements. So we finally asked and they said they were taking pictures of all the fluids, organs, head circumference, and placenta. Pretty amazing they can tell things even while in the womb. Our daughter used to hide when it came time to listen to the heartbeat...used to scare us to death because they couldn't find it for serveral min.s once. She would turn her back to it and it wouldn't pick up the heartbeat. Anyway, glad to hear things sound better today, and we are still praying! Hang in there little Mason those doctors will stop messing with you soon!