I can't even GIVE away sponsorships packages.

Discussion in 'General' started by Speedballer, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

I don't get it.

Met a gal at STT Autobahn south. She was great lookin, and said she did a bunch of trackdays every year.
    Those two ingedients made her a good advertising tool for me.
    I offered her actual dealer pricing through Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, etc....in exchange for running my stickers and letting me put her pic/info on my website as a sponsored rider.
    Never heard back from her.

Then at the last gateway trackday, I see this iddybiddy gal KILLLING it on an SV w/ novice plates.
    She says she races in Midwest.
    I offer her same deal, 'dealer' parts account set up through one of my local sponsors shops. Stickies on bike, and profile/results on my website.
    Never heard from her.

I am allotted a certain number of HSA sponsored rider slots, where they are set up w/ an account (at my sponsor's shop) for actual dealer cost.
    I can't give these slots away

:down:

I must have gingivitas

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  2. kneedragger99

kneedragger99 Well-Known Member

I'll dress up like a girl & wear a wig.:D

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Why are you just offering the packages to females?

4. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Perhaps it is your junk bike and slow ass riding that catch their attention.:Poke:

5. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

You ain't that naive Paige.:D

6. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

Because guys at the track are a dime a dozen. A female at the track draws attention, and that makes her a good billboard.

I plan on sponsoring a couple "fast" guys next season.
    I already sponsor a few local stunters. Parts at cost, free fabrication/welding/whatever they need done.

7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

:D Did you even have to ask.

8. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

Come to Barber STT and I'll show you how slow I am :rolleyes:

I'll even offer up a wager...say $250.
    This should pay for some of your expenses...or make your weekend cost even more. Up to you.

9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Should I have worded that differently? :D

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That is mean. Honestly...

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You really need to get that stunter complex examined professionally. People are playing you like a damn fiddle. :)

12. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

I know, you are right.

Just sick of him & Jigmoor slinging crap at me, for no reason. I don't even know these guys.
    Figure a 'grudge race' would end all thier BS towards me.

But again, you are right.

13. freeride88

freeride88 Hooligan

Want to sponsor a 6'5" male that rides a 525 SMR motard on track and at the Gap regularly? I'll run stickers on my forehead. :D

14. kaos#704

kaos#704 thread killa

I'm a female (last I checked anyway), not in jersey and not very fast, though... oh yeh and i'm married...
    but I do race and I do my own wrenchin' and I always need parts...

15. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

I know off this guy who looks like a girl, who is Mad or something....... He could probably use the help.:D

16. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

What about sponsoring Buck, I hear he wears a dress and could pass.

:D

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Don't be such a Dick. :D

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The offering of the package is probably what got them skeered.:D

19. D4DR racing

D4DR racing Well-Known Member

Ever think that its because they hear that ALL the time? Hey baby, lemme sponsor you and by the way... can I have your phone number?

Besides, we all know that we can buy anything cheaper on eBay than we can get it through our sponsor shops, even at cost. So unless you plan on giving it away, they'd be doing you a favor. :confused:

20. Kristin

Kristin Well-Known Member

D4DR racing has a point.

Its crazy how people are just giving sponsorship packages away. I have never even been on the track, doing my first track day Monday and I slapped a couple stickers on my bike for Fuel Clothing and they give me their clothes at cost. I know it's not anything big but I thought it was pretty nice.