MotoGP | 2023 | Race 20 | Valencia | Spain | Nov 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 20, 2023.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s funny…watch the replays and he hits the back half of Marc’s bike with his front tire, the view looking backwards from the other Pramac bike that was just in front shows this very clearly.

KneeDragger_c69, BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe I need to go back and rewatch now but from what I remember, JM was never even far enough forward for me to think MM would have even seen him. Marc is a bonehead plenty but can't say I blame him in the slightest on this one.

KneeDragger_c69, BigBird and 27 like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So Martin finds himself behind Marquez because he almost took out Bagnaia from behind and ran off. Comes back, succesfully takes out Marquez from behind. And it's on Marquez somehow? You one of the former twister players? :D

The only way this is on Marquez is if you bring karma into it.

Please allow me to put it a different way: do you believe Martin to be shy about putting the blame on things or people? So far, I haven't heard him say that his crash was anyone else's fault.

Slider82, BigBird, Quicktoy and 3 others like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

And what about the pelvic salute Martin gave after the sprint? :crackup:

that was a new one…

Bugslayer likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I saw a gram video where Martin was blaming it on MM

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

It doesnt even matter what we are talking about. Of COURSE its MMs fault!

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When you're right, you're right.

KneeDragger_c69 and Dave Wolfe like this.
  8. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

How any of you can even try to make this Marc's fault is laughable.

1. This isn't 2009-2019 - he's matured considerably since his bowling ball antics from 2009 onwards.
    2. Jorge put himself in the position to have to dive bomb these guys which happens of course, but.. look at last weekend where Marc could have gotten racy and likely passed Jorge in the main Sunday race and didn't - why? Because he said he respects whats on the line and those two earned the right to have a mano a mano battle and he has nothing to gain by interjecting himself in that - I don't think 1 week has made him do an about face on that - final race with Repsol or not.
    3. Marc didn't "swoop out" and then back in like a Club racer novice, he was on the fast line and Jorge divebombed up the inside of him with ZERO chance of making it past Marc and when Marc attempted to hit his exit line - well, even by that point Jorge punted his rear wheel/swingarm which makes it clear - he wasn't along side and nudged him wide, it was pretty much an 80-90 degree impact which resulted in Marc pulling his Lorenzo Spaceman impersonation.

Jorge needed to be aggressive, I have no issue with that at all, but him saying Marc is at fault is hilarious - own your mistakes and move on vs playing the blame game and crying about it.

Quicktoy, BigBird, MELK-MAN and 2 others like this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Aint nobody gonna read all of that, gorilla george :moon:

10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Bummed Martin was so close... glad the sprint addition to the schedule didn't kill anyone... still finishing the spies podcast on gypsy tales

11. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I didn't read all that garbage,all I know is MM has not matured.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Can't say I disagree a whole lot, other than point #1. I don't think he's matured a bit. The only reason we haven't had the regular # of MM incidents the past few years is because he's been injured so much lol. He literately did the same thing to Jorge yesterday and drove right into his shoulder. He hasn't matured a bit. Flip that visor down and the only thing he cares about is getting to the front by any means necessary.

This incident was 100% Jorge though. Sucks that it had so much consequence for Jorge's championship, but hey, that's racing.

Next year when He's on a bike capable of getting to the front, and staying there, we'll see how much he's "matured". I predict an incident in the opener, if he doesn't just clear off from lights out.

Edit: He also just plowed through Bezz a few laps earlier than this lol, I forgot already.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

BigBird, wsmc42, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Jorge cracked, he had a very slim chance to win the championship,so he acts like an idiot, no wonder he ended up in the gravel.

16. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

100% Martin's fault. He's shown a couple times now when faced with pressure he can get frustrated and impatient.

He pulled a Marquez on Marquez, then blamed it on him, perfect.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I like Martin, but I think he's just a nicer, less douchebaggy version of MM93. At this rate, he's not gonna have a very long shelf life. Pecco, on the other hand, has demonstrated that he can ride fast and safe without taking huge risks, and not be an asshole on the track, and its paying off for him.

18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Other than the Rossi incident in 15’, how many times has anyone seen Marquez criticize another rider for going for it and hitting him? None. Binder is the only other rider I’ve seen in this era that doesn’t bitch about others ambition outweighing their talent. Other than Martin who threw it down the road quite a few times this year and the severe inconsistency of others, Pecco is maybe a top 5 rider.

BigBird likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You don't become a 2 time (in a row) MotoGP champ by being a top 5 rider.

Also, MM doesn't bitch about being taken out, because.... most of the other riders aren't busy taking out people. Only MM does that on the regular.

20. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Pecco maybe a top 5 in the alien era but not in this one. I was kinda disappointed with the excuses from Martin, he's not my favorite but he seems like a good dude. Blaming others for his crash and for racing him is unfortunate. I'm sure he didn't mind when Digi raced Pecco last week.

Quicktoy, BigBird and 27 like this.