1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

I hate to continually be divisive with everyone but did Kayla not just walkout, or leave (idk what yall wanna call it, I mean to say she wasnt fired or lost funding), on MP13 when a "better ride" came up?

“While we always hope to finish what we start, the goal of my team has been to give opportunities to up-and-coming racers,” said Melissa Paris, owner of the WagBar MP13 Racing Team. “Kayla feels this is a chance she can’t pass up, and we don’t want to stand in her way.”

Cant think thats too professional or sponsor friendly.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You ever hear of a guy named Scott Russell ? He may have done something similar so I guess he wasn't a professional either.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t know if the series Kayla ran in is bad like you say, but I believe you. I do know Rocco went to Red Bull and ran around in last or next to last and quit to come back here. He has been impressive here.

Beaubier, Gagne, Beach all won Red Bull as I recall and Robert’s ran it 3 years, and I think he won a race. SDK ran it for a few years too, don’t remember his results.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Being fast and running up front here shows one thing, then on different tires on European tracks shows her maturity over the other dude.

5. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

how did that happen? what hit his face and how? What helmet and what everything?!? That’s scary shit to lose a tooth and have it shoved up your nose?!? Damn…

I’ve never heard of that happening to anyone else until PE44 this year with his broken jaw and shit…

I’ve crashed hundreds of times and never has anything touched my pretty face ;) shit we count dirt bikes I’m over 1000 for sure… still never a face injury…

7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Not my intent to get caught in the semantics of the definition of “dominated”… GG deserved the ride to WSBK. The point of recognizing talent in Kayla before being a “dominant” racer and earning the ride was lost somewhere in translation.

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

IIRC Kayla was mathematically out of the championship with 2 rounds to go. And my understanding is it was an amicable decision by both parties. I can’t see any scenario in which MP would not have encouraged Kayla to take advantage of any opportunity afforded her ESPECIALLY as a female racer.

9. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

What Scott Russell did was not professional.
    One man's opinion

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it at the Herrin Compound?

noles19 likes this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The herrin compound racing mini bikes I believe his head hit a swingarm/rear wheel. They couldn't find his tooth until they did an X-ray and it was in his sinuses...

pjzocc and 27 like this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I have no idea… I don’t know any of the current crop of riders we’re discussing…

Shock Doctor makes great
    mouthpieces that help prevent concussions as well as protecting your teeth, I’ve been using them since the turn of the century… can’t imagine riding without them and never will…

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thanks… that’s scary stuff alright

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What’s his full name? I’m liking him from this and Gary’s post, I’ll check him out. :up:

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Blake Davis

16. noles19

He also raced like two weeks after it happened

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

was he wearing a helmet? Such an odd injury… If he had a mouthguard it doesn’t seem like that would happen… I’m not judging anyone I’m just curious on the details…

I’d like to know how Pol’s face got so messed up too… helmet didn’t do it’s job there for sure…

18. noles19

Yes he was wearing a helmet. At that time grids down there has like 30+ xr100s on a small track it was the start of the race a weird shit happened

27 and Shenanigans like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmmmm, from just down the road, I’ll be watching Blake Davis this year. :up:

20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Ahh. The english language...

Being a professional. As in getting paid to do something, is quite different than one choosing to 'act in a professional manor.' Morals and ethics are a very individual personality traits. All unique and individual characteristics; not easy to compare.

motodog650 likes this.