MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So, spill the beans, where can I read about this? Links? I wasn't paying too much attention during some of those years, before Tyler got me back into the sport.

Gino230 likes this.
  2. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

Is fonger a lock for dave anthonys team this coming year. I agree 100% with you i think its a great fit for fong and anthony. I dont know how the financial side is for dave anthonys team but I know fong is not going to ride for free. Unless the program with anthony will allow him to do his normal job with dainese. I know dainese was easier for him to work and race compared to a star. Im all for fong on that bike and its obviously competitive per his ride at Pitt.

27, GNC and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

AUG 16-18 2024

4. Hyperdyne

The tantrums were epic. The icing on the cake was that little purse dog he carried around :D I think the only one who outclassed him on that from was Chili (Yelling at Fogarty in his bathrobe). God that was hilarious :D

Shenanigans, 27, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Man oh man… it was in Cycle News and RRW and involved Honda’s PR department… I had Dorna and Indy supporting me that year for GP promotions so it got press…

he flipped me off at my first pro race Daytona 97… I never forgot it… he had the audacity to do it again 08 Mid Ohio when I passed him along with two other privateers… that pissed me off… that race had three red/starts… I wasn’t nice and I didn’t care and there was some hard contact and dick moves… then on pit lane there was a collision… he happened to be between me and my pit box when I turned in ;)

he went crying to anyone that would listen and the race director came to me and said “if it was up to MD you wouldn’t be racing…. But it’s up to me so Give’m Hell”

in the press assholes cried about it so JU published my retort with me ending with “I know you fruity guys are a bit different but when you flip me off and point to your ass…. You’re looking for love in all the wrong places!”

Shenanigans, ungwaha, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

LOL, I think we could be friends! :crackup:

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

me too man… I enjoy your posts… even if you get me stuck on watching 90s music videos :crackup:

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, too bad I missed all that when it was happening. Love your response at the end.

27 likes this.
  9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Isn't he Canadian? It's hard carrying all that repressed anger. Chili in the bathrobe was awesome! Remember when I said a racer would ultimately be remembered only by championships won? I was wrong.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing SpeedVision owns all of that old footage. Seems like there would be alot of good moments for a short documentary. Aaron Yates trying to kick Anthony Fania with both feet at the same time in Daytona comes to mind, along with all of these other shenanigans I missed out on!

11. Gino230

Yes, he's from LaSalle, Quebec. It's the town next to my wife's hometown, suburb of Montreal. There's a hamburger place we go to there that's got his pics all over the wall.

Didn't he get shot in the head with a pellet gun while he was cycling? It made the news as I recall.....

BigBird and 27 like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to say not just Canadian but FRENCH CANADIAN! But Gino covered it. :D

Gino230 and 27 like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was pretty proud of that one… JU asked “are you sure you want to publish that?” I said “Hell Yeah!”

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I remember that… in Vegas… buddies asked me if I had been gambling lately :crackup:

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yates pavement angles at VIR was hilarious… I came through as he ran out on the track and laid down… I was like wtf are you?? Oh…. Good one…

MD also threw handfuls of gravel onto the track at Barber trying to get a red flag… that’s the bullshit that makes him a shitty racer

backbone likes this.
  16. Gino230

I just looked this up on youtube and there's like 3 scenes where he's yelling in a robe. So maybe it wasn't a one time thing.

17. Hyperdyne

It after was Assen in 98.

The really good video that was translated was taken down. He lost his Ducati ride for making threats.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

While we're reminiscing old vids, anybody have a link to the fan heckling the blown up motor guy on the Road Atlanta backstraight? That shit was straight interwebs gold.

DJ Baker likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

The additional configs for Tbolt have started. Good to see them reinvest into the track

upload_2023-10-10_15-56-34.png

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I thought that was a PNW track… the guy was on here being a dick before that shit shut him up iirc… some lightweight bike of some sort I thought