MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Don’t know if that ever got concreted but with his injury at world endurance the weekend before, and subsequent crappy weather I’m sure if there WAS a plan it got axed after he got hurt.

2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Would it have been a different story Xavi clinched at Pitt and had 2 full (potential) rounds and would’ve seen it at COTA? Just wondering.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Didn't Xavi pull in and not even finish one of the races ? Pretty sure I saw that.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There will be a NEW BMW Superbike team on the grid in 2024, 2 riders, one former Superbike winner, support from Deutschland, and a 7 figure budget. The checks have already cleared.

:beer:

Nathey, Namarow, Shenanigans and 7 others like this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

A superbike race winner or a title winner?

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

It better not be Redding or Baz

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Sounds Like PJ

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Oh I was thinking Cameron

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The steel commander dude?

11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

An additional team, or one replacing/taking over/expanding Tytler's?

12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

He said SBK race winner not multi-champ. Yes I made some assumptions that someone taking over Tytlers BMW team and keeping PJ for it. Cam B maybe jumping to different team or retiring.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Gino230

So far it's a new effort with new people- I don't know what is going on with Tytlers other than the rumors others have posted.

BigBird likes this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Well… spill it! :Poke:

come on Gino you got the scoop man… enjoy it a bit…

let’s see…. your proximity to the base of Latino connections in South Florida… and PJ is there now too… but the other side… CJ too…

but you say new people…

20 Q’s?

Do you have this info because of your geographical location?

Shenanigans and Gino230 like this.
  15. Gino230

It's not PJ. The closest I've ever been to PJ is when he was 12, he raced Barry's (Celtic racing) Moriwaki (or maybe it was a 125?) at Homestead in the LWGP race- I was battling for the lead with a buddy of mine on identical Ducati 1000DS's and PJ was in the mix- I can't remember if we were amateurs at the time, and he was an expert, or vice/versa, but he had the wrong color plates so we let him go- only to find out later he was in fact in the race. I think I was able to motor him to the line, I seem to remember my name being ahead of his on the results sheet.

Every time he comes on TV now, I start to tell my wife "You know, when he was 12......" and she cuts me off and says "well he's not 12 anymore, is he?" :crackup:

CJ is not involved in the Beemer team, but he is putting Kaleb DeKeyrel on his R7 at least for Daytona. I think Kaleb was approached by the New BMW team to ride STK 1000 under the same tent, but he would need to bring personal sponsorship to the deal and so far he hasn't been able to put that together. He may have some other stuff cooking, not sure.

Namarow, YamahaRick and 27 like this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So is it a Latino connected team?

you alluded to German support… you mean the bought support through BMWs programs or something else German?

a million dollar budget is no joke…. And new people spending that kind of money will either need to use old people from the sport or hire it in from overseas

who’s got a list of MotoAmerica SBK race winners handy?

BigBird and Gino230 like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, heard Xaus was sniffing around for a ride in MA.

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

but he’s not a MA race winner…

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

How old is Xaus? He's gotta be at least 40?

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

50 was my guess…

looked it up 45….

split the difference with you I guess we tied in that game… :D

motion likes this.