Moving Out Of Florida?

Discussion in 'General' started by Christopher Graybosch, Aug 13, 2023.

1. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Vermont?

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thats because OH and IN suck!!

:D

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ha, I lived 20 minutes from the VT border for 30 years...:crackup:

BigBird and VR45 Troll like this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm closer than he would like to know lol

ChemGuy likes this.
  5. VR45 Troll

6-8 weeks of 20°F to 30°F weather WITH NO GODDAMN SUN. ‘eff that place.

Steeltoe and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I"m a foreman for a large concrete construction company in Cincy and business is good no doubt. We do about $80M worth of work per year.

@Christopher Graybosch , we do a lot of work for Cincinnati MSD (metropolitan sewer district) and the city itself is always hiring for MSD people, transportation/road project inspectors, etc.....I deal with them daily.

10-20 miles W,S, and E of the city and you're in the rolling hills of Indiana and Kentucky....Some very nice motorcycle roads as well. Deals Gap only 5 hrs away....Putnam, Nelson Ledges, Mid-ohio, NCM (national corvette museum -bowling green), pittrace all within 2-4 hrs. Road A, Tally, Barber 7-8 hrs....Grattan 6.

It's always been said that you can be anywhere in Cincinnati in 20 mins. Fairly easy to get around.

BONUS: Mongos hometown, the WHO DEY nation and major league baseballs first team, the Red Legs.

7. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

The best way to check jobs for utilities in Tn is the TAUD website.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What this thread has taught me is many people don’t like where they live and think the grass is greener elsewhere.

We have friends, that lived next door for 20 years, and moved to Cincinnati about 5 years ago, they love it. I’ve been over to visit, and think it’s great during the warm times, but having grown up in Illinois, I don’t understand why anyone lives where it snows.

But as mentioned before, I am a weather pussy! Many people want to leave California and almost everyone on here bags on the california idiots, in the left wing fruit and nuts state.

I just call all the negatives, which there are many, the weather tax!!! I’m currently still very happy paying that weather tax, and unfortunately for me, I suppose the tax could get quite a bit higher and I would want to stay.

That’s coming from a guy that grew up in Central Illinois, lived and really loved the DFW area for 5 years, before getting transferred to (so cal) San Clemente around 1990.

I hated California for a good 9-12 months and then married a California girl in 93 and tried getting her to move to Texas. We even bought a house in Austin, in 92, before we were married, and I ended up not getting transferred. Plus my wife really wanted to stay near family in California.

I’m trying to figure out how to make enough money to help my daughter buy a house out here, because I love it out here and I love running my business!!!

I gotta figure it out quickly, because once my daughter starts popping out grandkids, mama is going to want to buy a 2nd house close to wherever they are currently living.

My current plan is, growth by acquisition!!! Then we can quickly grow, and I can bring my little girl back to the land of fruits and nuts. Lolol

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    sill'r B sill'd and BigBird like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

1 million percent correct for this weather pussy!!!!

10. Boman Forklift

So tell me again, how is that better than a 75 degree day in Orange County, California, in December or January, with the same beer, same music, same tits, but a view of the ocean or mountains?

Plus now you are driving cars with no rust, not even knowing what a snow shovel or ice scrapper looks like, always having a million different things available to do, and eating some of the best food in the country.

Only NYC, IMO, has a better variety of food choices than we do.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I used to think your way until I lived in the Keys for 3 years. A change of season is a wonderful thing. I'm fortunate to live somewhere that has a little of everything so I get to experience it all. Plus it makes heading to a place like you live in that more special for a week at a time.

12. Boman Forklift

Somewhat true!! If I start feeling like I need some snow, I drive up to big bear and we go skiing. It’s only a 2 hour drive. I can ski at Mt Baldy, less desirable place, in about an hour to hour and 15 minutes.

It was a family tradition starting from when the kids were 3 and 4, to go skiing at least once every winter.

World class skiing at mammoth mountain is 6 hours away, but since I’m not that good I’ve never been. Lolol

I can go ride a street legal enduro bike, in about 30-45 minutes and be in mountains and snow, when we have a wet cold winter. That’s the saddleback mountains, which I see from my yard, but it doesn’t get snow every year

13. VR45 Troll

The drug addicts, taxes, street people problem, no police, taxes, self protection laws that put the victims at risk, taxes. I will never ever go back to NY NJ CA, PA’s large cities, WA OR MA MD Il, pretty much avoid any other blue state. I avoid connecting flights through those places as much as possible. I wont drive through IL when I have to go back to MI. Talk of declaring Marshall Law on the east coast during the Wuhan was the last straw. Every time I see the “Prop 65” on something and have to peel the sticker off it reminds me of why I dislike CA.
    Escaping from the east coast and moving to DFW was like getting out of jail and moving to a different county that has the same values I do.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

While many of those pints are valid, I’m guessing you haven’t ever been to S Orange County? We don’t get the homeless, drug addicted, nastiness that you see in much of LA county. We have police that have nothing to do, but bust you for traffic violations, compared to LA county police.

Having said that, since Covid, it’s the first time I’ve seen a homeless person walking around by the McDonald’s or a grocery store. It’s still clean, no graffiti, well kept yards and houses, etc in Mission Viejo where I live. That’s not the “rich area” either.

Granted now it is expensive and I couldn’t afford to buy here, if starting out all over, but this is just family land here. The rich areas are Laguna Beach, Laguna Niguel, Corona Del Mar, Coto De Caza, Newport Beach, maybe parts of Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, San Clemente, etc.

cincigp likes this.
  15. VR45 Troll

My friends ex-wife convinced their son that he was really a girl and then he killed himself when that didnt work out. No one will convince me that Orange County or California is good for family life.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. VR45 Troll

Fox News today

“Major San Fran retailer condemns city, state leaders in full-page ad: 'Abject disregard for civilized conduct”

Search for the link.

California is dangerous and I believe you are putting your life in jeopardy there.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting that you have it all within a couple of hours in California. I love your state, I just can't afford my style of life out there. A million dollar home in Louisville gets you a mansion...probably just a shed in So Cal:D

cpettit and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Sorry to hear about that, but there are idiots making stupid decisions everywhere, has nothing to do with where they live.

418 likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Once you decide to come out and pull your head out of your ass, You’ll realize San Francisco isn’t where I live.

My wife moved out of the San Francisco Bay area over 40 years ago at 16 years old, to live with her aunt in S Cal. She didn’t like the Bay Area then, and when we went up a few months ago to clear out her mom’s condo after she passed away, she must’ve said three times a day how thankful she is that she moved out of the bay area when she was young.

oh yea, would you like me to send you some more foil for that hat you are wearing?

rd400racer likes this.
  20. VR45 Troll

When someone has brain cancer you dont find it in the knee too often but the brain cancer ends up killing the whole body. Thats how I view California. It has cancerous lesions (metaphorically speaking) that will kill it. Hell the place continues to teeter on bankruptcy and has done so for years. Who in their right mid would stay in a place like that?

Oregonians have discussed this and the people of CA should too. CA needs to free itself of the cancer and split into two or three states. Sort of like India and Pakistan.