I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Ignorant moron.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hasn’t the novelty of engaging with the newest numb cunt worn off yet?

scottn, Sabre699 and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just about.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Seems like Josh Owens took on a new sign in

tony 340 and StaccatoFan like this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, this discussion has taken an interesting turn. The venerable 1911 is the greatest handgun ever devised, although my opinion may be the result of a drill instructor placing one in my hand at an impressionable age and telling me that very thing. My cabin is in the heart of bear country. I carry a 44 magnum when the dog and I choose to go on walkabout.

scottn, tony 340 and lizard84 like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hehe I literally have done this.

Allegedly I mean. Allegedly.

VR45 Troll likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ok the safety issue. Assuming Mil-spec lower the fire control group cannot go on safe while the hammer is down only when the hammer is cocked.

I guess you could have installed the safety on the wrong side somehow. The shaft has a flat side and a round side and it's held in tension by the plunger and spring that live in the pistol grip.

As for the upper and lower not fitting together that's just shoddy manufacturing. Any mil-spec lower will fit any mil-spec upper. That's the whole point of buying mil-spec parts.

Contact PSA.

Ps; There are some safeties/lowers now which will allow the gun to be on safe regardless of the hammer/sear position. This a custom feature and not mil-spec.

britx303 likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

What do you call smacking a 12-pointer doing 60 in a 45 while getting a mouth hug from the wife? Is that not sporting?

Steeltoe and baconologist like this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Let’s discuss. What’s wrong with either and why doesn’t everyone just use that laser known as 300 win mag?

10. nigel smith

Because 7mm magnum will do anything that 300 mag can do with significantly less recoil.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Got my Delta Point Pro mounted on my Staccato P today and just got back from the range to zero it...fucking KICK ASS day!!! That gun like a laser it's so accurate.

Also got the sights adjusted on the girlfriends PDP as well and she's dead on fucking zero with that thing.

Overall....just a great day.

baconologist likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My Bad Rock is in 6.5 Creedmore and I very much love it from a performance standpoint. Not quite in love with the cost per round, but it is what it is.

13. pickled egg

Don’t be a bitch.

[​IMG]

14. pickled egg

Should have gotten in in 6.5mm Creedmoor. It’s easier to find. :Poke:

MachineR1 and StaccatoFan like this.
  15. pickled egg

Just don’t spill your half caff vanilla soy latte on your target sheets. :moon:

tony 340 and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. nigel smith

I don't even have a back porch. You can ask my wife.

pickled egg likes this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If everyone completely ignored our newest moron he would probably go away. He gets off by arguing, no matter how stupid he looks. But nobody will ever run into him, unless you're at his computer desk.

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Ok, sounds like we are saying the same thing about the safety. I say hammer up when you say hammer down. I don't know the right way to say it, but I'm assuming when you say hammer down you mean uncocked. I do appreciate the response.

As for the pins not aligning, it's all PSA parts. Don't think mil-spec, lower is a blem. Caliber of upper is 300blk, would love to know why that matters??? Either way, they sell a ton of these things, and plenty of ppl are satisfied with them.

I'm aware there are more expensive/better options, which is why I said what I said in my first post. Wasn't willing to drop $$$ on a gun I wasn't sure I was gonna like, and I was up for trying my hand at putting one together. I assumed I would be doing some fettling.

PSA customer service isn't open on the weekend, so thought I'd trouble shoot here, where all the experts are.

19. Resident Plarp

Jerry Springer’s show is still doing re-runs.

scottn, VR45 Troll and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

You have been warned.