1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite motorcycle memories.

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Aug 9, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

EJ and then Sam complaint department :D would love to see that

I just got pics from my school weekend at IRP… Nicky and Tommy were experts on 250/125s. I raced a bunch with Ray when he came back in 2000 along with Fritz. Bob Sandy tried out for our 2nd endurance team at Jennings in 04, Id never met or heard from him… he seemed nice but wasn’t ready for modern bikes or the speeds

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

EJ just about laughed himself to a heart attack when they asked him. Seriously, I thought he was going to suffocate from laughing so hard. Then he told them to get the fuck off his property.

Sandy initially had a hard time during the school, but we worked together a little. He seemed to have picked it up quite a bit with the ZX7 he was running, though I think he had a bad crash that took the wind out of his sails. My Ex told me Nicky and Tommy took the school at Grattan, but I would have thought IRP would be more likely. They were both on 125's if I recall....I do know that exceptions were made for both of them. The thought was they had already proven to be 'safe' racers in dirt track, so our stuff would have been more procedural differences. Fritz....on his Honda Thumper looked like a monkey humping a football.... Fred looked like he ate a monkey that was humping a football.

27 likes this.
  3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I had the whole "Miami Vice" wardrobe ..lol
    Even turquoise baggy slacks... :rolleyes:o_O

4. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Early 1990's
    The Hayden family showed up at Hallett. Nicky was in the same race as me. I think it was a 30 minute race and I actually lapped him bout the 20 minute mark going over the hill after turn 1. Of course I was on a big bad GSXR 1100 and he was on a little 125. To be fair Nicky was about 12 years old at the time.
    Roger was so little, he couldn't touch the ground on his 125 so he did circles around the back of the grid until the green flag waved
    Cant believe that's been 30 years ago

cBJr likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:The Dave K Start.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure they got their licenses at first through CMRA and minis - CMRA was an affiliate so it was a full WERA license.

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

That's what I thought, but Lisa seemed convinced they were at the IRP school. Wondering if they were just in the tower for some other reason while it was going on, as I think I would have remembered them following me around the track. Didn't they both start on 125's? It could also be that we let them come on track with the group to either familiarize with the track, or a plug check. I know we did that for some people sometimes.

8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

BTW, I didn't think an affiliate license on minis was a pass through.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOLOLOL Brain Fart. It was 90 and an FZR1000

:crackup: Well I was only about 24, so I'm sure he took an educated guess.

I ain't never raced any of dat shit where guys spend 200 hours to make a spring out of a roll of wire to save 39 cents.:D

:beer::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    27 likes this.
  10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

To many to list but here are my top 3.

1) When I was 3rdish grade, Dad bought me a KX80 and he took me to a motocross track to race. Being the bike was bigger than I and I didn't have the skills to really race, I mostly just rode the track and I fell a lot. Problem was, i wasn't big enough to pick up the bike so Dad had to run all over the track picking up the bike for me.

2) Riding with STT and traveling with the gang 20+ deep to tracks and having an absolute blast. It was always the comradery for me... friendship and the great memories created.

3) Leaving Barber one night and having to get home to Charlotte before midnight..... let's just say, the truck was in the wind that night. We got a call from our group who was hitting Atlanta asking about stopping....we kindly informed them we were halfway between Greenville/Spartanburg already. We pulled into my driveway at 12:04 that night. Why I had to get home by then.... don't remember, but by GOD, I was home.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Now that’s a cute story… Tim Bemisderfer’s wife Aimee has told about when Tommy and Nicky”Mr Dirt” took their written CMRA tests.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure how CMRA handled a bump from mini to full at the time.

13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That’s awesome!! I didn’t have a ton of upgrades to mine, suspension and exhaust was about it. That bike was as reliable as a hammer. Lots of low end torque, but she screamed up top too. Every now and then I look to see if there’s a 94 or 95 FZR1000 for sale. My buddy had the 94, with the typical mid 90s graphics. I thought the red, white, blue, and black of my 95 was the best looking. Maybe I’ll grab one if I can find a nice, unmolested sample.

14. Critter

Critter Registered

Riding 2 up with moose is a good one for me

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

That's cuz it was 100 years ago, and you and I are both old. How can we be sure of anything? I'm pretty sure Nicky was below the minimum and exceptions had to be made.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that’s a hell of a visual… on purpose? Who was on back? And… why?!?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No exceptions, just misinformation about birth years :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm picturing Critter on the tank :crackup:

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member