I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Anyone shooting 10mm? If so, how do you like it? What do you feed it?

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Delta elite.
    It’s lively.
    Ammo is varied.
    It’s not high on the fun factor but pegs out the cool needle

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. speedluvn

What rounds are your using? some of the self defense ammo can get pricey.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have an Sig P320 XTen. Ron’s spot on.

My kid likes it. He’s a recoil junkie

Phl218 and speedluvn like this.
  5. speedluvn

Ive shot a few 10mm's. I'm collecting information on this round. They didnt seem too bad. I was surprised to see the price of some self defense loads; nearly $2 a round. I'll be reloading for it to hopefully tame some of the recoil should i decide on one. I was curious as to what the think tank here thought of this round.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I liked my Glock 20 with delta point pro. Should have kept it

Recoil wasn’t as bad as I thought

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I had a glock 20 I believe was the first gen back in the mid 90's and I hated it. I do like the round though.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have / had the ones in red. Should have never gotten rid of my 10xx series.
    Dig the revolver.

EAA / Tanfoglio
    S&W 1006, 1066, 1076
    Sig X10

Sig 220
    S&W M&P 10
    Glock 20 / 20SF / 40
    S&W 610 Revolver (shoots 10/.40)
    Rock Island Armory 10mm in both 1911 and 2011.
    Ruger 10mm 1911
    Other 1911s (meaning too many to list, not as in they are lesser).

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Winchester white box 9mm has gotten so chitty it's got to be some of if not the crappiest on the shelf. It always was nothing more than range ammo but man it's gotten where every range trip I get a malfunction w this stuff. Glad I finally burned through the last of it.

Speaking of burned I read that Georgia Arms went up in flames. Sucks because they make some great ammo.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  10. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Last box I had stovepiped like crazy in 3 different pistols. Changed ammo and no more stovepipe :cool:

dobr24 likes this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Stuff has been crap for a while. I have 18 boxes of it to get rid of.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Palmetto has some great freedom week deals. Pin together a decent basic AR for less than 400 bucks all said and done. I’m finding that one of my PSA freedom “pin togethers” has become the one I’m always grabbing more than my “Gucci-girl”. It just works………just sayin’ :flag:

13. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Never had issues with my white box. And I run through it pretty regularly. I’m over 2000 rounds through my AR with no malfunction and roughly 1200 through my pistol and wife’s with no issue. All white box standard planking ammo

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The Glock 20 is nice because you can also shoot .40 Short & Weak (.40 S&W) through it. Nothing like having a two caliber gun without a barrel or mag swap.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Consider yourself lucky. I tried running it in my MP5, B&T GHM9 and an Ar9, stovepiped and FTF'd constantly in all 3. Those three weapons eat anything I typically throw at them. Plus it's been a lot more expensive than S&B or CCI lately. Although one thing I didn't think of is those all take Glock mags, Maybe that has something to do with it?

16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I went and shot my first two matches this weekend. One IDPA and one USPSA. I think I’ll be able to resist the urge to start selling drugs to fund a race gun, for a while anyway, but I did run into one issue with gear. Hearing protection of all things.

Normally I use a set of Walker’s over some foam ear plugs and I’m fine. I’ve got a big old head and I’ve never worn them for as long as I did this weekend. After about 3 hours they really started to bug me where they were pushing up against my glasses.

Any recommendations for some in ear that that actually protects? I see the Sig/AXL things 14,000 times a day but they have pretty mixed reviews.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

A Staccato in 10mm would be amazing.

18. Jedb

19. Jedb

Glock's ergonomics don't work well for me, so in spite of wanting to like the 17,19, and 23,22, and 27, I couldn't get on with them.
    Subsequently, no Glock 20SF for me.

20. Jedb

MP5 with Glock mags?